Respected Contributor

Review on RCA Pro 12.2 inch Tablet

[ Edited ]

‎12-23-2016 

I got my RCA PRO tablet last night and I charged it before setting up-as instructions stated. I didn't set-up until this morning. Easy set-up and it has a beautiful screen. I love the large screen. I have no problems with the tablet at all. I am very satisfied. Be sure to pull the tab at the upper right corner and take the plastic film off that was put on to protect it for shipping. If you leave it on you will have a hard time swiping back and forth on it. Easy after removing the protecting film. If the tab comes off-as mine did-just get it peeled back enough to pull off. I have iPads and the screen on the RCA PRO has very good screen colors also. No blurry screen on mine. I haven't tried the keyboard yet but I have no problem with the keyboard on the screen. I did turn the brightness down in the Settings and turned the sound off when typing. I am familiar with Google Play Store and the Android system so it was an easy transition back and forth between the iPads and this. My husband was impressed with the clarity of the screen for the price also. The blue case and the back of the tablet is beautiful a blue also. It came packed very well. A+ for me. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Review on RCA Pro 12.2 inch Tablet

I did an update on this tablet under Electronics. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Please report back in a year.   How is the weight?   My iPad 2 is so heavy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624. The weight is 2 pounds. I have an iPad 4 and it is about the same weight. This RCA tablet does not seem heavy to me as being a larger screen the weight is distributed a little more. The case hooks up so easy and then just pull off when done. You just start typing and when done you type back on the keyboard again. Without the keyboard it will be a little lighter also.

Esteemed Contributor

I  would not want such a big screen on a tablet. 12 inch? Do you have a folio case for this? I can not imagine carrying or holding that tablet seems to bulky or heavy for what I need to do. However, glad it  worked for you. RCA always did put out good products. Does it have android or windows 10?

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 It is Android with Marshmallo as the system. The screen is large but beautiful. If I only had this tablet it may not work for me. I bought this when I am reading or searching for things online that are too small to do so comfortably on my other iPads. I have an iPad mini 2 and an iPad 4 which is heavy in a ClamCase I bought so I am used to it. Now iPads are lighter. I have not had any negative results as some have posted on HSN. Only positive for me. I hated to send it back but would have if needed. It did freeze up once playing Angry Birds 2 but that also does that on my iPads. You need to get the right size for yourself when buying. I only store mine in the case as I lay mine on a laptop holder on my lap and it works great. The case keyboard is the best I have used on a foldable plastic case also. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@apple1964 It is Android with Marshmallo as the system. The screen is large but beautiful. If I only had this tablet it may not work for me. I bought this when I am reading or searching for things online that are too small to do so comfortably on my other iPads. I have an iPad mini 2 and an iPad 4 which is heavy in a ClamCase I bought so I am used to it. Now iPads are lighter. I have not had any negative results as some have posted on HSN. Only positive for me. I hated to send it back but would have if needed. It did freeze up once playing Angry Birds 2 but that also does that on my iPads. You need to get the right size for yourself when buying. I only store mine in the case as I lay mine on a laptop holder on my lap and it works great. The case keyboard is the best I have used on a foldable plastic case also. Smiley Happy

MKR NY... Glad this worked for you. Happy, Healthy New Year to you and your family!

Respected Contributor

I too have this tabet.  I got it before Christmas and have been using it daily since.  I like the provided case, but for free style reading I've got the below case from Ebay.  It is a universal 12.2" tablet case that lets me have it hands free in portrait mode, which is what I read in.  The item number in ebay is 122086829302.

s-l500.jpg (500×500)

Valued Contributor

Can anyone give me some information on the charger for this.  I have several chargers together and can't remember what the charger for this looked like.  Can you give me some numbers off the charger like model no, input, output.  I think I have it but not sure this is the right one and don't want to try it.  The website doesn't show one that came with it.

Thanks.