Respected Contributor

Re: RED COPPER PAN VS. COPPER CHEF PAN

After my disappointment with the "pressure cooker XL" (Also pushed by Eric Thiess) I only cringe when I think 90,000 people bought this pan....the reviews for that item are TERRIBLE.

Every time I see Eric Thiess I cringe. I know he is just a salesman...he sure didn't invent these things in his garage....so I'm glad he's making money, but not off me.

I ALWAYS check Amazon before I buy...ESPECIALLY if QVC is selling items available on Infomercials as well as QVC.

I hope it works out for the people who bought today....did you notice they NEVER showed the bottom of the pans in the demos?

YMMV.

Respected Contributor

PS..It's NOT copper. Just copper colored.

Contributor

I just don't get it...It's a ceramic pot with sprayed on copper color!  Horrible reviews everywhere you read.  Anyone can bake a cake, brownie or smores pie in an ordinary ceramic pan.  They all go in the oven!  Shocked that QVC would have this as a TSV.

Honored Contributor

After the demos I've seen I'm more shocked that people continue to buy it!

Honored Contributor

Tomgirl wrote:

Seriously!  It seems like a lot of people are missing that point.

I just saw a bit of a presentation this morning, on David's show, and it just looked like a very thin, copper-COLORED, aluminum.  That's not going to be a proper conductor of heat, IMO.   Looked super cheap.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

I just saw a bit of a presentation this morning, on David's show, and it just looked like a very thin, copper-COLORED, aluminum.  That's not going to be a proper conductor of heat, IMO.   Looked super cheap.

Aluminum conducts heat well. That's why stainless steel pans have a core of aluminum.

Honored Contributor

nomless wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Tomgirl wrote:

Aluminum conducts heat well. That's why stainless steel pans have a core of aluminum.

If it's like that, as a tri-ply type of application, or hard anodized, aluminum does perform well.  

But a pan (and I could be wrong about this one, though) that is just thin aluminum will over-conduct to the extent that it will perform very badly.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your input and advice.  I appreciate it and think I'll pass on this one Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

Just curious why QVC sells the stuff on TV infomericals?

It should be obvious...because they can sell 90,000 in a morning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

My thoughts exactly, although I haven't read any reviews.  When I saw this demonstrated on the Q, I thought "I must be missing something...where's the beef?"  There's nothing with this pot that I can't do already with my cookware. 

Oh yes, I bet some people actually think these are made of copper!  No way.  True copper cookware is a small fortune!!  And a pain to maintain...