Esteemed Contributor
you Can buy most furniture online and have it shipped for free. I searched Overstock Wayfair and Hayneedle ave Gould similar looking consoles for the same price or less with free shipping
Honored Contributor

It pays to shop around.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I watched last night and didn’t hear what this cupboard is made from.  Obviously not wood if it weighs 61 pounds.  I like the red, but feel the price & shipping are way out of line.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer-

The online description says its made of fiberboard and wood.

I agree that there are so many other places online and at stores that have similar and even all wood (Homegoods) that are under $100.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

There's nothing unique about that chest.  Almost identical pieces are on Zulily frequently.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Offshore non priority to Alaska S&H is $146. Pass.

Respected Contributor

it is very shallow, not a good investment all things considered.  If the price came down by half, then yes.

Contributor

Yes, shallow, that was my issue with it.  I don't have a china closet and thought of it to put my china and my Spode Christmas pieces.  Right now they're in those quilted storage zip-ups in my linen closet. But this piece was too shallow, and as others have said too pricey for the materials.

We have an unfinished furniture place nearby that is closing, the owner is retiring. I think I will go there and get a real wood piece.