Honored Contributor

Please show the elastic on the TSV sheets

QVC used to be really good at showing us the elastic on the sheets they were selling, but they rarely do now, or give a very quick glance.

The elastic, how it is encased, the thickness or size of it, and if it goes all around the sheet are important to me and many other buyers.

Please show good, close up shots of the elastic on the fitted sheets like you used to in the past, so we can make an informed decision about the purchase.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please show the elastic on the TSV sheets

@Mominohio

I agree that more info would be very helpful. I've purchased sheets from other sites before only to find the elastic around the fitted sheet was very thin and cheap. If I had know, I would not have purchased.

They did show that the fitted sheet has elastic all the way around. No close ups or comments on how wide it is though.

I live in Florida and it gets so hot here in the summer; I'm very interested in the idea of cooling sheets so I ordered a set. I could not resist the seaglass!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone already have these?   I would love to know how you like them.  I'm thinking of ordering, but I hope they have a good feel and aren't too heavy.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Does anyone already have these?   I would love to know how you like them.  I'm thinking of ordering, but I hope they have a good feel and aren't too heavy.

@Daysdee

I believe they are new. I don't know if some might have received them early through the insider. I'd love to hear reviews, too. I did a search and did not find any.

One of the hosts mentioned that they are substantial. I suspect some may find them a bit heavy but I suspect I will like them as long as they are not hot.

As different hosts talked about the sheets, I got the impression that they feel better the more they are washed & it might even be a good idea to wash 2-3 times before using the first time. They have been trying them out in advance and that is helpful to hear about.

Honored Contributor

These sheets don't appeal to me at all.  IMO the thread count is way too high.  I prefer 100% cotton (no poly, no microfiber), and a low thread count. 

Honored Contributor

Thread count is meaningless over a certain number. It's a gimmick that comes in handy to deflect from lesser quality in other factors that matter much more.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

These sheets don't appeal to me at all.  IMO the thread count is way too high.  I prefer 100% cotton (no poly, no microfiber), and a low thread count. 

@JeanLouiseFinch

I like 100% cotton but I also like some blends. I do not care for microfiber. 

I haven't found thread count to be important. Maybe I've just been lucky with the sheets I've purchased. I've had quite a range of thread counts and have no complaints about any of them.

It is the cooling factor that sold me on these sheets. If they deliver, I'll be happy.

Honored Contributor

I would say it does not matter about the elastic. All I had to see was 52% cotton 48% poly for me to say no way. I don't want sheets made with poly. How could they be called cooling sheets with 48% poly (plastic) equals hot.

We are sleeping on bamboo sheets right now. They are cool. With the few fronts we had come thru they are too cool to sleep on but we are. It takes several mins to warm up after climbing in bed. If it does not warm up & stay that way I will have to put the flannel sheets back on the bed. 

Trusted Contributor

The elastic goes all the way around. They showed it at midnight, and are doing it again right now.

They are called "cooling sheets", but I wonder what makes them cooling?

I have one set of sheets for my bed that I keep taking off, washing, and putting back on because I love them so much. I have 4 sets of sheets for my bed, but I only use the ones I love.

Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me remember where I got them, and there are no tags on them. Anyone notice manufacturers do not put the size on tags anymore? I have so many sets that I do not know what size they are unless I open them up and look at how wide they are. Used to be a tag with a K,Q,F, or twin so you could just check the tag.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch

They mentioned a technology similar to that used in fabrics for workout clothing is what provides the "cooling" for the fabric. It is supposed to be something new.