Super Contributor

Not a Fan of the Dooney Duck!

[ Edited ]

I guess it is kind of silly, but i am not a fan of the Dooney duck logo. Apparently it has been used on their all weather leather bags for a long time. I like the look of the actual Dooney and Bourke logo. I guess it just finishes off the look of the bag for me. Also, today's TSV overall is nice with great colors, but it doesn't seem like a new silhouette at all...?

Honored Contributor

Re: Not a Fan of the Dooney Duck!

I think it's a nice enough logo, though better suited perhaps to Quacker Factory.

Trusted Contributor

The duck logo is my favorite component of D&B bags.  I have a large collection of vintage bags, all embellished with that fabulous duck.  Dooney and Bourke bags of the past were more elegant, made of premium leather and findings.  I much prefer the classics! 

Respected Contributor

Ah, it's a leather patch with an embossed duck. Not the individual letters or the old brass plate. I'm not completely a fan, and I miss the way the fob was sewn in past, with two layers and an embossed duck patch. The simple embossed fob is just not very fancy. I use those fobs. All my key rings (business and home) are on the Dooney fob. My favorite feature of bags is the grosgrain ribbon and lobster claw key tether. I use that for my business keys, so I can quickly find my keys and never be without them. 

I'm not a huge fan of this bag, though I LOVE the colors. For a hobo style with tassel, I'm actually more fond of my GILI version. 

Respected Contributor

That tan patch plopped in the middle of that bag is a no bueno . I thought the blue might be cute for wearing with some Carolina Panthers outfits but the patch stopped me. Maybe if it was on a leather cord ,kinda like Michael Kors' logo tag, it would be better. Then I could just take it off. The tassels don't look as nice with the small patch competing. 

Honored Contributor

I'd rather the duck than the name in script.  I'm not liking that new script logo.  It wouldn't stop me from buying a bag I really liked though.

Regular Contributor

I love the Dooney Duck and I prefer the bags with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have quite a collection of quality vintage D&B with the hanging brass duck.  I am not a fan of it stitched or glued on to the ones made in China.

Respected Contributor

I prefer the duck to the logos they have now.  I have seen some beautiful Dooney bags but the logo can be a big turn off for me...especially the one that spells out Dooney and Bourke in gold letters across the front of the bag.  Tacky and hate it.  Give me some duck.

Respected Contributor

Got my first Dooney around 1985- loved the duck then, love the duck now- the duck IS Dooney...

Hey, Its not a just a duck..its a "Dooney-bird"