Contributor

Re: Ninja Creami for low carb?

Oh gosh.. not for me.. but my coffee pods cost a small fortune each month… so i guess its all relative!! But i digress.. 🤣😩😌🥳
Contributor

And eating healthy is not inexpensive.. unfortunately.. Salmon has gotten so expensive!! And i do not eat beef… thats truly insanely expensive! I can easily spend $150 at a restaurant… but again.. its all relative!! Thanks for your input! 🥳
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure I would define my diet as low carb. My meal plans are based on macros (protein, carbs, and fat grams) on the My Fitness Pal App and I need varied ways to eat my protein. I will definitely use protein powder, cottage cheese, etc. but wanted to see what others are doing.  I will say using that App and strength training at the gym 3x/week has really changed things for me. Still on the fence...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Is anyone buying this to make low carb desserts? I'm tempted, but I know nothing about how to do this....apparently there are many recipes out there that are low carb. I'm curious if anyone here is buying the Ninji Creami for this purpose?

@Goldengate8361  I have used the original Creami for a couple years & follow a low carb/keto/whatever diet. It is a game changer. 

I don't make desserts. I use Keto Chow, a high quality meal replacement powder, to make Creami ice cream. You can use KC to make shakes but it is very filling as an ice cream. Imagine eating a pint of Chocolate Toffee ice cream for you meal! They have many great flavors! 

I don't think there is anything compareable to KC. It provides 1/3 vitamins, minerals & electrolytes. The creator made it for himself and the ingredients are high quality. You add your own fat (I use unsalted butter) so you can adjust the kind and amount you want. It also makes it perfect for non-LC people. They can add fruit, etc, if they want. 

No digestive or other problems like people often get with  store brands (I think a serving is usually a half cup, too). I've even heard great reports for people with diabetes that it doesn't cause blood glucose spikes. 

I'm about to mix up some to stick in the freezer - peppermint, butterscotch, gingerbread... I wish I could share a bite with you! 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Is anyone buying this to make low carb desserts? I'm tempted, but I know nothing about how to do this....apparently there are many recipes out there that are low carb. I'm curious if anyone here is buying the Ninji Creami for this purpose?

@Goldengate8361  I have used the original Creami for a couple years & follow a low carb/keto/whatever diet. It is a game changer. 

I don't make desserts. I use Keto Chow, a high quality meal replacement powder, to make Creami ice cream. You can use KC to make shakes but it is very filling as an ice cream. Imagine eating a pint of Chocolate Toffee ice cream for you meal! They have many great flavors! 

I don't think there is anything compareable to KC. It provides 1/3 vitamins, minerals & electrolytes. The creator made it for himself and the ingredients are high quality. You add your own fat (I use unsalted butter) so you can adjust the kind and amount you want. It also makes it perfect for non-LC people. They can add fruit, etc, if they want. 

No digestive or other problems like people often get with  store brands (I think a serving is usually a half cup, too). I've even heard great reports for people with diabetes that it doesn't cause blood glucose spikes. 

I'm about to mix up some to stick in the freezer - peppermint, butterscotch, gingerbread... I wish I could share a bite with you! 

@Goldengate8361   I did not make gingerbread but I made eggnog and chocolate malt. So I have 4 meals that will taste like dessert but fill me up nicely without causing cravings for more.

The protein used in these is mostly milk protein but they do have a new line made with beef protein & it is good, too. 

They do have "ordinary" flavors but there are so many to choose from! 

Contributor

@willdob3 What? I am so checking out this Keto Chow high-quality meal replacement powder. That is what i have been searching for and have tried a few diff ones… but will definitely research this product.
I have noted the flavors you mentioned… i am excited!! Thank you!!
Trusted Contributor

I know this is an older thread but I just got my Creami TSV yesterday. I have joined a couple of keto  and low-carb Creami groups. My Walmart order of supplies is ready to pick up and I am stoked to make some summer treats. 

Frequent Contributor

@Goldengate8361, I recently bought a Ninja Creami to make whole food plant-based desserts. Not sure how low carb this would be considered, but the recipes do not spike your blood sugar. As an example, for chocolate ice cream, you would blend up one cup unsweetened soy milk (or almond or coconut milk), one tablespoon cocoa powder, one tablespoon raw cashews, about 5 deglet dates, one banana, and a teaspoon vanilla extract. Use a high powered blender and mix until the dates are sufficiently pulverized. Pour into the Creami container and freeze 24 hours. Next day, process in the Creami on the lite ice cream option, then a couple more times on the remix option. It is truly creamy like real ice cream and does not spike blood sugar. Other delicious recipes are on the “plantbasedcookingshow” dot com website. In short, I Love this machine!