Occasional Contributor

This is my first post so please bear with me. I have been researching Vitamix for quite awhile; reading your posts here and other Web blogs trying to decide which model is best for me. My goal is to eat healthier and lose weight.

I am single and prefer to make smaller batches of smoothies, soups, ice cream, etc. for portion control reasons (i.e., lack of willpower!). I've read that the C-series is better for smaller batches (they do not blend well in the G-series?). Many advise also buying a 32-oz wet container...do you agree?

Here's a question for my fellow short people, and I may be overthinking this. I am 5'0" and my kitchen countertops are the standard height. I don't have a desk area or lower counter. A 20-in C-series will put the top of the container at the level of my forehead. Do you find using the tamper difficult? 

Any thoughts you have will be appreciated. My thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor

i would go and check out a facebook group called vitamix enchuast which i belong to and that lady that runs it is great she can help you a lot. it is a closed face book group. bought mine through her and got a better price

Esteemed Contributor

@LoyalQVCustomer

I am 5'4" and found the Vitamix a real workout and not all that. Returned it.  It is tall, hate the tamper and the trouble of the top on and off.  It does not come clean with just a whirl.  When they show those simple recipies on air they leave off all the prep time.  When making small servings it really is not the best machine to get.

Regular Contributor

FB page Vitamix what?  Could you check spelling.  

Valued Contributor

blenderladay.com also check lea ann savage she has tons of you tube videos. sorry spelling a little off.

Valued Contributor

here is the current spelling of group vitamix enthusiasts  blenderlady

when you clean out vitamix i dont turn it on i use water and rise it because the way they show you on qvc is not always going to work. check out this group on facebook it is full of great infor. i have learned a lot 

Respected Contributor
@LoyalQVCustomer....I purchased this on Friday from the early preview. My sister has the 5200 model, which is what this one is, but in the Creations Gallery colors. This is an amazing price. I'm 5'8" and my sister is 5'6" and neither of us have issues with the height of the tall container. We both make batches of smoothies and freeze in mason jars, then pull one out the night before and put in the fridge, so it is ready for the morning rush! I make mine this way because I'm up at 5 and gone by 6. I don't want to take the time to cook a breakfast and eat, then leave. I need something that is healthy and that I can eat in the dark since the sun has yet to rise before I get to work, let alone start my day. Neither of us have issues with using the tamper as it doesn't go to the bottom, so no fear in shredding it or messing up the machine. You can alway stand on a step-stoop, something everyone should have.

JUMP on this deal. Get it home for the flex pay and fall in love! I've used my sister's so much, that I'm getting my own, THANK YOU TAX RETURN!
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@LoyalQVCustomer wrote:

Here's a question for my fellow short people, and I may be overthinking this. I am 5'0" and my kitchen countertops are the standard height. I don't have a desk area or lower counter. A 20-in C-series will put the top of the container at the level of my forehead. Do you find using the tamper difficult? 

I'm 5'2" and my countertops are standard height like yours.  I don't have any problem with the height of the larger container, but ended up buying the 32 oz. size from Vitamix.  We are usually making a smoothie for one, and this size suits us perfectly.  It's the size we use most often, so that's the container that stays on the Vitamix base, sitting on the counter.  The larger container that it came with is stashed in my pantry for the times when it's needed.  DH, who is not a veggie lover, loves his veggie smoothies.  That alone would have made it worth the cost.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Occasional Contributor

You may want to check out the Vitamix page on Facebook or even call Vitamix in Ohio with any questions you have.  I am going to try and make the cheesecake dip that Jan made today.  Also I am hoping that Jill will post the lemon broccoli soup recipe. I think you will be fine.  Also if you need a smaller container for one person you can ask on the Facebook page as I did and they will tell you what to get.  I still will be picking up a smaller container for a single serving.  Good luck.  I have the professional series also from QVC