QVC Community

Masterbuilt Q & A Chat - November 2nd

[ Edited ]

Masterbuilt tsv 11-2-16.jpgHello!

Our team will be here to answer your questions!

Masterbuilt Team

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Q & A Chat - November 2nd

What do you put on a turkey or turkey breast before putting in this device for cooking? (Literally...please take nothing for granted about my cooking knowledge....I don't cook at all.)

QVC Community

Hi @Goldengate8361!   Thanks for the question.  We recommend injecting the turkey or turkey breast with your favorite marinade (our fav is Buttery Creole flavor), and season the outside with a dry seasoning.  We prefer Cajun seasoning, but if want something milder you could use a basic poultry seasoning.  The more dry seasoning, the darker the skin, so plan accordingly.  Enjoy your turkey frying experience!  Hope you can join us and watch the TSV shows!

-Team Masterbuilt

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

What do you put on a turkey or turkey breast before putting in this device for cooking? (Literally...please take nothing for granted about my cooking knowledge....I don't cook at all.)

Can I use coconut oil?

New Contributor

I bought one of these fryers last year for thankgivin and you wouldnt believe how moist and juicy this made that dang bird! i couldnt believe it, ive been baking em in the oven for all these years and this is so dang easy! I aint tried the boiling yet but my main question is, how many cornish game hens can i fit in there? Im hoping for a heck of a hunt this november.

thanks

New Contributor

the reason im askin is my uncle chet is a rather large fella and he can finish a few hens all by himself. i want to know how much will be left for the rest of us!

New Contributor

can you put a stuffed turkey in the fryer?

Frequent Visitor

I understand draining the oil and keeping it in the original containers. But do you have to store that oil in the refrigerator until the next use?
New Contributor

been frying turkeys for several years.  We're campers and are alway VERY popular when frying donuts.  Use whoppin bisquits.  Make great donuts or bread for dinner.  Taking ours to the Turkey Run in Daytona.  Thanksgiving meal on the patio of the camp ground.  Happy Holidays to all!!!

Occasional Visitor

It looks like the basket separater kinda flops around, and looks like there must at least be half way full on each side. does it lock onto the basket and am I correct?