New Contributor

Re: Love the IM TSV Dress but...

totally agree - looks horrible on Leah and other models.  i need a more tailored waist.

Respected Contributor

I totally feel you on this!    I'm just about 5'2", size 2...there was an Isaac dress I saw online I wanted so bad...loved the colors, the fresh floral print (big this spring), the style (kind of retro, waist dress that flared)...was SO disappointed it didn't come in petite. Loved it so much almost tried regular size, until I read the length measurements.

I don't know why he doesn't have petite dresses on Q...not like he brings that many. Smiley Sad

I've tried a few Isaac things, (including a coat, which ran like his regular dresses, for a tall woman and oversized for my numeric size too), had to return...his preportions on everything I've tried are for an average to tall woman..not just long, but oversized in all preportions.  I just don't bother with any of his items.  And now with Q deducting shipping both ways...I will be ordering much less..too costly with the difficult to judge sizing, unfortunately.

On the other hand...I've ordered a few things from Evine recently...very happy with first top...have a dress and another top on the way, we'll see.  The top I received, great quality, good fit, very affordable compared to some of Q's overpriced lines, and cheaper shipping.

Respected Contributor

I never thought about it. I am going to be 59 in June and very uncomfortable about my legs. I should get over it, I live 10 min from the beach and recently lost 58 pounds on WW. I think it is really a mental thing. 

Occasional Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Way to go Girl!!

As far as this IM dress, I think it's cute, but for a 2nd year in a row, a lace dress as a TSV!  Really?? Why not give us something new?? I did buy last years dress, but I use it for a cover-up. Too short! I totally agree IM should offer 3 sizes. I can understand the petite ladies don't want to hem, but what can us tall ladies do to lengthen a garment?? 

I will speak for myself. I'm over 50, consider myself in shape, wear a S, but my knees are showing the signs of age. Got the picture?? HaHa

For this reason, I'm staying away from IM dresses until he realizes that he's designing for more than younger women!!

Trusted Contributor

Shawn keeps saying you can wear the dress as a tunic and you can tell that Issac is annoyed cause he is trying to sell it as a DRESS.  We all know the dress is already on the short side so "SHE" is wrong to start more confusion.  I'm sure this will be discussed later because it was disrespectful.  "THEY" might be "FRIENDS" but she needs to know her place.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

@Grandma Laurie, I'm pretty sure Isaac Mizrahi knows he's designing for a woman young enough to not be embarrassed to show her knees and that's the point.
Regular Contributor

Halo117: First off, WELL DONE on your weight loss!! AMAZING!! Second if you like the dress buy it!! I'm 100% sure you will look fabulous and I think you should show your legs off and 59 is NOT old by any stretch!! Heck if I lived 10mins off the beach I would be in this dress with Isaacs shoes on and scarf living life!! I'd be like FYI people I'm on the beach sipping martins if you need me!!

Go for it!!HeartWoman Wink

Super Contributor

Congrats on your weight lose Halo..  The dress is beautiful.. I hope you got one while it was a TSV...

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

Shawn keeps saying you can wear the dress as a tunic and you can tell that Issac is annoyed cause he is trying to sell it as a DRESS.  We all know the dress is already on the short side so "SHE" is wrong to start more confusion.  I'm sure this will be discussed later because it was disrespectful.  "THEY" might be "FRIENDS" but she needs to know her place.

I think I recently read in Statute Review that state and federal laws regarding how to wear an IM dress had been repealed, so I guess if someone buys and pays for this dress they can wear it any way they want to.

SO WONDERFUL to be living in a country in which we can dress as we wish without worrying about breaking the law!

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone, my weight loss is a work in progress. I love WW, I am on the "slow" plan which I love, no pressure for rapid weight loss and I eat whatever I want sometimes. I try to be mindful of what I eat. I can live on this plan. It has been 1 1/2 year alreay and it is livable. Because of her constant talk of the dress being a tunic, Shawn almost made me cancel the dress. We shall see. I have that wedding to go to in June in Rhode Island. I am from New England but live in Florida now. It will be nice to go back in June but I know it can be a little chilly in early June. It may feel chilly to me anyway.