Respected Contributor

I have found the L&L products to be lacking to say the least.  Stain easily and break if you look at them.  I never even put them in the dishwasher out of fear.  I did find a 38 piece set of something very similar at Costco for $24.99.  Right now they are $19.99.  These have never stained, cracked or lost their shape.  Easy to close.  Food stays fresher longer and they are great in the freezer or microwave. 

Super Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I have found the L&L products to be lacking to say the least.  Stain easily and break if you look at them.  I never even put them in the dishwasher out of fear.  I did find a 38 piece set of something very similar at Costco for $24.99.  Right now they are $19.99.  These have never stained, cracked or lost their shape.  Easy to close.  Food stays fresher longer and they are great in the freezer or microwave. 

I was able to post a review without actually buying this set. I do have Lock & Lock. A set of nestable squares, and a bowl set. Really like them, will I buy again? Probably not. I had a question about some heat damage to one of my square pieces that was never answered, here or on the QVC Facebook page. The post is probably still out there somewhere.  The Lock & Lock lady Chris, who I think is a sweetheart, doesn't have her own Facebook page. A few years ago I found some knock off Lock & Lock at a local discount store. They look just like them. Actually they are made in Vietnam just as Lock & Lock is. 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Lock & Lock is hardly a new and untried product.   My question would be why would anyone bother writing a review?  It's not like the world needs to know how it works. 

I agree, i have 2 sets, that's all I want or need.  There are a lot of claims on how Lock & Lock performs. Not sure if odor retention is one. I can tell you for a fact, they do retain odors of whatever was stored in them. It's jsut the nature of the beast, the material is porous. Doesn't matter how long i soak it, or how many times I wash it. It retains odors. 

Honored Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

I was able to post a review without actually buying this set. I do have Lock & Lock. A set of nestable squares, and a bowl set. Really like them, will I buy again? Probably not. I had a question about some heat damage to one of my square pieces that was never answered, here or on the QVC Facebook page. The post is probably still out there somewhere.  The Lock & Lock lady Chris, who I think is a sweetheart, doesn't have her own Facebook page. A few years ago I found some knock off Lock & Lock at a local discount store. They look just like them. Actually they are made in Vietnam just as Lock & Lock is. 

@Bigbear52, I haven't bought L&L in a while, but mine are all made in either China or Korea, which never bothered me. Are they now made in Vietnam?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Im always amused when Chris and the host point out that the sets use just a small amount of storage space because they nest.   Who wants to open and close 5 or 6 containers,  each having 4 latches,  just to get to one small container?   I don't know where people keep multiple sets of this stuff and what do they do with so much of it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Im always amused when Chris and the host point out that the sets use just a small amount of storage space because they nest.   Who wants to open and close 5 or 6 containers,  each having 4 latches,  just to get to one small container?   I don't know where people keep multiple sets of this stuff and what do they do with so much of it? 

What you have said is the core of my love/hate relationship with the nestables. Lucky for me most of them are on use or it would irritate me. If a good portion were not being used for non food items it wold drive me nuts to get to a small container. I did buy this set however. 

Respected Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Bigbear52,

I have a lot of L & L (more than I really need), and mine are made in China.  (Would prefer America, but that's another issue).

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Agreed, it is a pain, but stores well.  I did think it a bit much when ITKWD they kept showing what a nice kitchen decoration multiple sets make!!!! That was a bit of an overreach for me!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that this is obvious, but for these nestables, you can nest them without the lids and store them with the lids underneath. That way you don't have to open it like those Russian dolls and you are keeping the lids with the containers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I agree with previous posters.  The quality is not as good as the original clear set.  I have dropped and broken bowls before. The last set I purchased pitted and stained and they have never been in the microwave.

I am done with plastic.  Back glassware/corning ware, etc.