Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I thought the Insider magazine showed a picture of this set and it had what appeared to be a butter dish. 

I don't see that on TV. 

Also, don't like the colors as nothing matches the other colors I own. 

David and Chris showed the butter dish a few times during the first presentation.  It can also be used as a regular L&L container if it is turned over.  

@twinsister

Thanks, I didnt watch David and Chris show this.  I'll pay attention again.  

Respected Contributor

@cancun08 I agree. My older L & L seems much more stury than the newer pieces. I am always scared the tabs are going to break on the newer. You can tell the plastic is thinner, or a different type of plastic.

Honored Contributor

I buy the glass Snapware at Costco.  No more plastic in my kitchen at all. (Except for the lids of course.)

Esteemed Contributor

I like that the tsv is three self-contained unit for storing.  I've gotten the original nestables but then left with a bunch of lids falling all over the place, so haven't found them to be space-saving.  So, considering purchasing this tsv.

My problem with all lock'n'lock, along with systema, is that they mar/scratch eventually when I reheat in them.  Never seemed to have this problem with the old originals that were sold prior to the bpa free ones.  I've tried reheating on level 1 in the microwave for a longer time to warm, but still same problem.  Once they get damaged, I toss 'cause figure cannot get totally clean. 

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Any advice would be appreciated:  I know so many people love L&L so it must be meWoman Frustrated!  

Esteemed Contributor

I like Lock & Lock and have reached the point where I have enough.  On days when I think I need more, I check the freeezer and fridge to see what needs to be tossed out.  And there's the Lock & Lock I need, right there!

Sorry to read they may not be made as well as before.  That seems to happen with some things. 

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

I love lock & lock and own quite a bit.  I would, however, love to be able to buy just the large handled pieces separate from a bunch of sizes I already own.  I use them in my freezer and would appreciate the larger sizes to neatly organize my frozen veggies etc. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Lock & Lock TSV Review

[ Edited ]

I have a ton of L&L but am still considering this deal because it has useful pieces at a great price.

I rarely have trouble with L&L, but when I do it's either my fault or the fact that it's made of plastic. Plastic doesn't live forever. It wears out after a while, tabs popping off after thousands of openings and closing and also cracking can happen. I don't care. It's not as if this fine china.

@eddyandme, my best advice is not to reheat. Or if you must, use a L&L that is old and one that you don't care about too much. But I never use mine to reheat.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Good TSV price on many L/L pieces. I considered ordering the TSV but...I just don't need anymore tiny/little sized pieces.  I would like to order just the larger sizes by themselves.  And...am not crazy about the new Spring colors.   I would have wanted a new set to be in the Emerald green color. Guess I'll wait until the next TSV!!!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have a ton of L&L but am still considering this deal because it has useful pieces at a great price.

I rarely have trouble with L&L, but when I do it's either my fault or the fact that it's made of plastic. Plastic doesn't live forever. It wears out after a while, tabs popping off after thousands of openings and closing and also cracking can happen. I don't care. It's not as if this fine china.

@eddyandme, my best advice is not to reheat. Or if you must, use a L&L that is old and one that you don't care about too much. But I never use mine to reheat.

It is an excellent value, but I have decided that I just don't need more L&L. I was interested in the three largest pieces, but I needed them to be shorter and longer for my purposes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
I'm another one that would have been interested in just the larger containers. I don't need anymore of those tiny containers.