Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna upcoming TSV, 3/11/19

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My first thought (at midnight) and all through today was, "How many of Lisa Rinna's creations is she or does she wear on "The Real Housewives"......that would be zip...none.

I watch that show and I know she wouldn't be caught dead in any of them.

Actually I saw her wear one of her dresses on the Housewisves once.  It happened to be a dress that I bought from QVC so that's why I noticed.  It was a leopard print one armed maxi dress.  Also, she gave all the other housewives one of her duster cardigans from a few years ago as gifts.  Again, it was item I had purchased, so I noticed.  

Honored Contributor

Just curious: I don't twitter. What exactly did she say recently (not the old fat-shaming rant) on Twitter or elsewhere that has upset some? And what exactly did she say that one poster concluded is anti-semitic?

TIA

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Just curious: I don't twitter. What exactly did she say recently (not the old fat-shaming rant) on Twitter or elsewhere that has upset some? And what exactly did she say that one poster concluded is anti-semitic?

TIA

I'm wondering the exact same thing, since I'm not on any social media so I would not know.  Is it really that bad????  I need to know!

Esteemed Contributor

For those of you who say you need know and are curious you will need to read her Twitter feed. You don't have to be on social media to click on her Tweets and read the comments. The things she posts would never be allowed here due to their vulgarity. 

You can also use Goggle to find out how, last week on Ash Wednesday, she managed to mock both Catholics and Jews in one Instagram story. Even the "adult dancer" housewife decided it best to distance herself from the fiasco telling Rinna she wanted no part of that.

Speaking of mocking Jews, she and Harry also dressed as Sid and Nancy a few years ago complete with Harry, her husband, in a bright red t-shirt emblazoned with a giant swastika. We're not talking a kid...it was her sixty-something year old husband. 

She put out a written letter to Bravo threatening to sue saying she's been used to promote a spin off for Lisa Vanderpump's dog rescue. Of course she ended up with egg on her face once she found out she can't do that. Too late, because by then everyone knew she was just upset because she's been jonesing for a new show for her daughters and is furious that rescue dogs are being considered over her girls. 

During one episode we learn from Lisa and her daughter that the daughter is anorexic (I'm sure that comes as a big surprise). And how is it brought to light? By the two of them showing a Youtube video on national TV of an overweight woman eating a slice of pizza and looking on in disgust. It's not just one fat shaming rant from Lisa...it's her driving around her home town with her daughters and them commenting how many fatties live there and now this. It's ongoing. What's that saying...When someone shows you who they are, believe them. She's shown us over and over and I, for one, believe her. 

I read a lot of threads here about different hosts and vendors and sometimes I'm amazed at the little things people find annoying. It's that the glasses are too big or someone has a lisp. It makes me wonder if some of those same people who say they don't care about a person's private life would feel the same if some of the hosts and vendors we've come to enjoy over the years would get the same pass if they behaved in the same way. Would Shawn get a pass? How about Mary Beth Roe or Valerie Parr Hill? First it's clear none of them would act this way but can you even imagine the uproar it would cause? I don't know why the complacency exists when it come to Rinna. Is it because they know who she is but choose to put their head in the sand because they like her pants? IDK.

I get it when people say they don't care about another person's personal life. There are so many people we buy from whose lives we know nothing about, however, when someone puts their life out on full display--and the display is so incredibly distasteful--we can either pretend it isn't happening or we decide it's not something we want to support. That said, if there are those who enjoy the product, and the designer regardless, it's not for me to judge. I am the only person I have to justify my choice to and that goes for each and every one of us.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

TIA

I'm wondering the exact same thing, since I'm not on any social media so I would not know.  Is it really that bad????  I need to know!

@Grouchomarx @suzyQ3 .  Just google her name and twitter. 

Valued Contributor

@SusieQ_2  Excellent post.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

TIA

@Grouchomarx @suzyQ3 .  Just people fighting and throwing nasty digs. You must know how it goes.LOL

Respected Contributor

I didn't hear the remarks but I'm not at all surprised about what she said. She's always struck me as a very vain and shallow woman who has a very narrow view of things  outside her world. 

I googled and found a very good editorial retort about her remarks......

I guess the only thing Beverly Hills Lisa is used to seeing on foreheads are stitches and scars from recent brow lifts!

And as someone else mentioned, take the advice of Maya Angelou who once said so wisely .....  “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Trusted Contributor

To the OP:

I get that you wanted to discuss the product but the product is brought to QVC by a person.  That person is not a quality individual.  Her social media proves it.  Her activities outside of QVC prove it.

When Paula Deen had her public issue, she was gone in a flash.

QVC allowing this person to remain on their airwaves says a lot.

That is why you cannot separate the item that you wanted to discuss and the person that is selling the item.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see anything offensive on Twitter. Didn't spend a lot of time looking though, just a few F bombs here and there and not a lot of content overall.  Not sure why some people who CLEARLY can't stand her are spending so much time talking about her.