Regular Contributor

I cannot decide.  I need a complete set...mine are all chopped up.  Is this too heavy?  Should I get?  Never had any this large and heavy.  Does it spot??

Respected Contributor

I bought my Lenox set from Sam's Club for around $79.  There is also a nice set at Costco too.   Check the major department stores for clearance sets but Lenox is a good brand and I don't know what you mean by "heavy" but you know you are holding a folk, knife and spoon if that makes sense.

I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money as the TSV on silverware but to each their own.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one of these large sets a few years ago for myself and one for a gift for our son.  I love it! Finally, I have enough utensils with some to spare. The continental size and weigth is great. It's not too heavy but it doesn't feel like you are using plastic utensils. It holds up great in the dishwasher. The steak knives are a nice extra. 

Valued Contributor

I don't know, but I've looked at these tsv's for a couple of years and hemmed and hawed. Then I read reviews for some saying you cannot put them in the dishwasher with a citrus detergent.  Made them an automatic no for me bcz I already have a set that has to be hand washed.

Lately I've been debating whether to buy new sets from a US manufacturer just a few miles from me as their sets looks amazing. And I love that they are made in USA

Honored Contributor

I highly recommend Lenox 18/10 stainless.  I have several sets and have never had a problem! 

The larger utensils may feel a little odd at first, but now regular USA sized flatware seems like baby forks to me.  Men LOVE the larger sizes too.  Good flatware of nice size and weight really adds to the eating experience.

Teaspoons are wonderful and I use them for lots of other things than tea--even getting olives out of the jar and parfait type desserts.   

The round soup spoons are great--we a set we use on a daily basis.  Steak knives are nice, and I'm not sure about sporks, but why not?  Even if you only use them to serve olives or small berries or maybe as sugar spoons or to eat cobbler or cake and ice cream.

Trusted Contributor

My daughter got a set of Lenox flatware for a wedding gift.  She has been using it for over 7 years, on a daily basis.  It is still beautiful and feels nice to hold.

I've been looking online and I actually think this is a pretty decent price.  I've been thinking about getting rid of the hodge podge of flatware in my kitchen drawer and replacing it.

I have a set of Reed and Barton that I've been using for years, and it is defintitely not as nice as Lenox.  The finish has even turned ugly in spots.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I would highly recommend lenox stainless flatware.  i purchased mine at Bloomingdales about 8 years ago and it has held up beautifully.  I put it in the dishwasher daily and have never had a problem.  Yes, it is a bit heavier and the forks are a bit larger in length so it may feel odd to hold at first.  My set did not include the soup spoons or ice-tea spoons or sporks.  I don't miss the later two, but would have liked the soup spoons!

I think I paid about the same price for my set but it came with a butter knife, sugar spoon, a sloted serving spoon and a regular serving spoon and a serving fork.  I have been very happy with mine.  Hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

Made in China. Thumbs down.

Honored Contributor

I bought a similar set from QVC back in 2014. They are continental, like the TSV, so longer than average. They are heavier than average, as well. The size of theI love mine. The largest forks were a little intimidating to me for a while and I used the salad forks for dinner, but soon I was comfortable with all of the pieces despite the larger size.

Whether or not they spot depends in part on your dishwasher and detergent, but I rarely see spots on mine. It happens on tablespoons if I put one in bowl side down in the flatware basket. They go through the dishwasher very well.

The surprise standout pieces for me were the sporks. I laughed about them being included, but they are probably my most used pieces. I use them for dishes served over rice, macaroni dishes, chili, mashed or baked potatoes, and to dig into an ice cream container, like Ben and Jerry's. I use the real forks for larger meats, salad, long noodles, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lenox TSV..HELP!

[ Edited ]

I have been waiting for a set that included the sporks!! LOL I just love the idea of these....and will use those alot.  The rest of the set is amazing IMO...I have a old small set from Q many yrs ago...Bob Warden house brand can't remember name...got lots of spots on it....some pieces weathered fine.  Then I purchased a Reed & Barton set from Q and it's been going strong....has the more victorian look to it ...kinda tired of that but still in great shape. ...missing forks...spoons.

So I went with the modern style Babson today to change it up in my life....I love that you get all the extras like sporks and soup spoons....steak knives.  I think the price point for all you get is wonderful....can't wait to get it!!