Contributor

I think it's kind of cute.  More interesting than a regular tee shirt.  If you don't buy it too tight, it won't cling to your butt and accentuate it, either.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's cute.   I don't like the colors.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Actually, it would be very cute in the LOGO Littles collection.  Maybe as a short dress.  (Said in a nice way; I just had that idea/thought.) Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised all the LOGO fanatics are not defending the TSV, it really must be a dud.

Visitor

This top is ridiculous. Everyone looks like a performing circus animal in it. Even the young, slender models look bad and, if you carry any weight, it looks . . . well, it's considerably less than flattering.

Only 3 years ago, I was buying LOGO tops with a straight hem ( no asymetrical, shark bite, long-back-short-front, kooky chiffon or lace attached)  a scoop or v neck, princess seams and a slight a-line. They hung beautifully and had a nice weight, but, in a breeze, fluttered back from the body. People asked about them every time I wore them. Worked with both slim and slightly full pants. Not anymore.

The line has a very low-end look now. Too bad someone can't rein in the designer. Or the Q could just carry a better line of relaxed, beachy clothing.

Respected Contributor

While this top is not for me, I'm posting to say I'm glad to see people saying they like it and are buying, for the simple reason that it reminds me (and maybe us) that this is a big world and everyone sees things through different eyes. I've known a few women who could wear this kind of top, just because they have the verve and spirit to pull off anything.

I'm also reminded that it's easy to post something snarky and think you're witty--I've done my share--but unless you're Oscar Wilde or Dorothy Parker, you're probably not enriching the community. AFAIC, it doesn't reflect well on the forums when the hosts and models are the subject of catty remarks when they're just doing their jobs as best they can. Most of them are women and most of us are women; aren't we better than this?

Frequent Contributor

not a huge LOGO fan anyway, but even if I was....her stuff is WAY too expensive!  and then to have to layer a look....you pay twice or triple a price!  no thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

While this top is not for me, I'm posting to say I'm glad to see people saying they like it and are buying, for the simple reason that it reminds me (and maybe us) that this is a big world and everyone sees things through different eyes. I've known a few women who could wear this kind of top, just because they have the verve and spirit to pull off anything.

I'm also reminded that it's easy to post something snarky and think you're witty--I've done my share--but unless you're Oscar Wilde or Dorothy Parker, you're probably not enriching the community. AFAIC, it doesn't reflect well on the forums when the hosts and models are the subject of catty remarks when they're just doing their jobs as best they can. Most of them are women and most of us are women; aren't we better than this?

By criticizing the top we aren't criticizing the people.  Ok, maybe the designers and the TSV buyer at Q...but I think of it more as women giving other women feedback on clothing so that they won't make a purchase they regret.  I actually hope that the negative comments help dissuade some women from making this purchase because I do not think that they will get the complements on it that the might get on other LOGO tops.  If someone loves it, great.  But if someone is on the fence, I think that the negative feedback is helpful.

The models are just doing their jobs.  I doubt that any of them feel a sense of ownership towards the clothes they are modeling.  They may all hate the top and feel silly wearing it, who knows!  

Occasional Contributor

Not trying to be mean, but I just find the Lori Goldstein line to be overpriced and not very stylish or appropriate for women over 30. The TSV is just looks silly for a grown woman. Who needs to buy expensive layers that just hang there?

Super Contributor

That seam where she attached the flounce looks too thick and then it sweeps downward in the back.  I wonder how that will feel to sit on that seam.