Esteemed Contributor
On 10/30/2014 chessylady said: I don't own a cellphone just because I don't need one. I travel out of town once a year and thought maybe I should buy a cheap one for emergency purposes. I saw a tracphone in Safeway yesterday for $9.98. They had various models and prices. Just to let you know..

You can buy a Tracfone for $9.98, but the minutes and the days of service can be expensive. You can buy a bundle at QVC or HSN.

Trusted Contributor

i'm thinking of getting it.. great deal plus triple the minutes...

Trusted Contributor

I would NEVER order this type of phone for a teen. She will use those minutes up in a flash if she is like the average texting obsessed teen.

Trusted Contributor

how much do the minutes actually cost?? right now im paying 30.00 for 300 min i'm getting ready to order phone, it seems well worth it gonna get the added 3 yrs too my luck the screen will crack

Trusted Contributor
On 10/30/2014 denisexoxo said:

how much do the minutes actually cost?? right now im paying 30.00 for 300 min i'm getting ready to order phone, it seems well worth it gonna get the added 3 yrs too my luck the screen will crack

I think it's 400 minutes (tripled to 1200) and a year of service for 100 dollars when you buy the Tracfone card from Target, CVS, etc.

Edited to add: The minutes are divided into buckets...talk, text and data. So you would get 1200 minutes in each of these categories.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the phone 2 days ago from the pre-order email. It's a great deal for most, but for a teen, you need an unlimited plan, unless you plan to make her buy her own minutes.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor
On 10/30/2014 denisexoxo said:

A 120 minute/90 days of service air time card is $29.99. With this phone those minutes would be tripled so 360 minutes for $29.99.

You can also buy data only cards.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor
On 10/30/2014 flickerbulb said:

I would NEVER order this type of phone for a teen. She will use those minutes up in a flash if she is like the average texting obsessed teen.

There are many free texting apps available in the Google Play Store that use wi-fi. One that is highly recommended is Whatsapp.

Not applicable

I bought this phone today as an upgrade to my current Tracfone, this will be the eighth one I have bought and I have no problems with the phone or the service. I made this purchase because of the screen size, my eyes are not what they used to be, and trying to read some things on a small screen is enough to make you crazy. This is a great no contract cell, and I always tell everyone how much I like using mine and what a great value it is when you get a bundle like this. I currently have two tracfones that I keep up, one is an older Samsung and the newer is an LG. The older one has time until 2021 if that gives you an idea of how long I have been a tracfone user. They just sent me a 30 min. bonus for my birthday. so long time customers do get perks. Hope you enjoy your new phone, I know I will love getting to know mine.

Occasional Contributor

OH!!! I can't believe I missed this. The day I wasn't online. Does anyone else know if this will be back or if it will be offered on the other shopping site?