Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen aid food processor

I know that KitchenAid has and still does make a great product. What's driving me nuts is in every demonstration there's a bunch of food stuck in the corners of the lid well they're not actually corners since it's round but you get the drift. She has not addressed whether it is chopped or sliced or just excess that didn't get processed. She just ignores it
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:
I know that KitchenAid has and still does make a great product. What's driving me nuts is in every demonstration there's a bunch of food stuck in the corners of the lid well they're not actually corners since it's round but you get the drift. She has not addressed whether it is chopped or sliced or just excess that didn't get processed. She just ignores it

My cusinart did the same thing, if you over filled it.  Also when she shredded she had little end pieces left on the disc.  That also happened with my cusinart.  It helps if you evenly push on the pusher,  She was talking and working the machine at the same time.  Hard to do. I personally think she was frenetic, made too many things and didnt spend enough time explaining the machine.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie

I ask because assuming you're making a recipe that calls for x number of sliced or diced zucchini and 1/4 is stuck in the lid...do you simply clean it into the bowl with the rest or does it need to be run through again?

Is the stuff in the lid cast off material or processed material?

Valued Contributor

I can almost understand some mistakes and not mentioning things during a live demo, but she was doing the same things on the pre recorded demo that was a secondary video on the site. The hosts always kept stressing her winning the competition for validation of her being there but it still doesn't make her presentations thorough. 

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I noticed that and it absolutely drove me nuts.  I guess I get it from my mother, but when I cook, I use every morsel.  I did order the TSV food processor but I'm considering cancelling the order today for that very reason!

When i watched the Food Network, they would pour batter out of a bowl into a baking pan and leave half of it in the bowl.  My mother taught me to scrap everything into the recipe.  I don't like to leave half of it in the prep bowls.  I guess I am OCD but it is maddening.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shawnie

I ask because assuming you're making a recipe that calls for x number of sliced or diced zucchini and 1/4 is stuck in the lid...do you simply clean it into the bowl with the rest or does it need to be run through again?

Is the stuff in the lid cast off material or processed material?

I believe it is the end pieces.  You need to push all the way to the bottom so that everything goes thru the disc.  If you let up because you are talking then that last piece doesnt go thru the shredding or slicing disc.  Sometimes you get an end piece no matter what you do.  At least that was my experience with my old cusinart.  Also cheese needs to be very very cold, almost frozen to shred or slice.  I suspect by the time she got to some of those demos her cheese blocks were room temperature which makes them limpy and hard to push thru any disc.  

Respected Contributor

I have the 13 cup and it dices. I don't think you can go wrong with these. 

Valued Contributor

I have still not received my order yet, although it should be here tomorrow. Does anyone have feedback on it? Reviews have not exactly been glowing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ilovetea wrote:

I have still not received my order yet, although it should be here tomorrow. Does anyone have feedback on it? Reviews have not exactly been glowing. 

@Ilovetea  I have it and I wrote a review giving five stars before I should have.  It is a nice unit and I had no problems with it starting out of the box.  All components must be lined up properly and this is a safety feature.  The buttons are not hard to push but they are firm.  The main issue I have with this processor is the slicing and shredding discs.  I sliced potatoes the first day I had it and no problem.  Everything else I have tried to slice or shred is a hot mess.  At least one third of the food gets caught between the lid and the slicing disc and in big chunks. This is in my opinion a design flaw.  There is too much space between the discs and the lid.  This is really the only negative I have with the unit but it is a deal breaker for me.  It's going back.  If you can live with food getting stuck between the discs and the lid you will be fine with this unit.  Good luck and I hope you love it! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I practiced with the slicing and shredding blades.  There is a learning curve and you need to pack the food in the right shoot.  I was surprised to see that a potato is processed on low.  Sliced fine and shredded fine. I did not have a lot of food at all on the sides etc.  No more than my old cusinart. But the buttons are hard to push.  You have to push exactly on the word.  I am going to try again to see if they loosen up.  AT this point i am not happy with the touch pad.  BTW a roma tomatoe needs to be sliced near medium or you get a tomatoe slushy.  I want to like this thing.  I just hope the pad will loosen.  I may call them and see what they say.  I called they said the pad will loosen up.