Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen aid food processor

I am definitely keeping this machine.  It is the right size for me and the buttons are easier to press after a couple of uses.  I dont get the concerns about bowl rim mess and bits of food not processing.  This machine is no different from my old cusinart in that respect.  It is really quiet and fast.  The mini bowl chops a mean fine chop onion.  The only thing i havent tried is the julienne blade; probably not something i will use much.  You must read the manual.  Everything must line up right or it will not start.  

Honored Contributor

I have an 11 cup and find most recipes need a 13 cup.

I get by, but I have learned to buy the largest size in everything.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I have an 11 cup and find most recipes need a 13 cup.

I get by, but I have learned to buy the largest size in everything.

Yep if you are cooking for a family etc bigger is better.  I downsized from a thirty year old cusinart monster to this 9 cup and will not use it for big recipes.  Chopping, shredding, slicing, dips, etc.  Things i dont even use a recipe for.  I love the mini bowl.  That eliminated my useless mini chopper thing.  I did hear Tina say that she uses no more than 2 cups of flour, so i am going to keep that in mind.  

Respected Contributor

@Limbo4now wrote:

It slices them but not a dice or mince. The Kuhn Rikon chopper is great for mincing and dicing.

I used the mini bowl last night and I got a minced onion by using a combination of Pulse and High.  Came out great!

Respected Contributor

Just made this.IMG_6347.JPG

Respected Contributor

BTW if you use the mini bowl with a combination of Pulse and then High  with onions i get what I call a mince.

Occasional Visitor

hRe: Kitchen aid food processor

I purchased this food processor when it was the tsv January. I thought it came with the french fry blade? Does anyone remember if as a special thing this came with the french fry blade when it was tsv?

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie  When I was looking at this product on Amazon, most of the reviews were about the extremely hard to push buttons.  Several people contacted KA and got no response.  I hope your contacting them works.  Good luck.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Re: hRe: Kitchen aid food processor

Krisrg I purchased also and it did not come with the French fry blade. I think it can be purchased. It came with a julienne blade. 

Valued Contributor

I bought the 9c when it was a TSV 2 years ago and use it to make crusts all the time.  I wish they would release a dicing kit for the 9c, not just the 13c.