Honored Contributor

Re: Keurig TSV for tomorrow 11/11/15

@shell garden wrote:

I was just watching the TSV presentation with Mary Beth and was thinking about buying this tsv.  BUT, toward the end of the hour, the vendor was going to brew a cup from the sea blue one and she couldn't.  She said a display popped up and said something wasn't functioning and she thought they had given that particular machine, "too much love", and she would use another machine to demonstrate.  Whoa, I guess she was trying to be quick thinking, bless her heart, but after that episode, I decided not to buy.  I have the personal one in the eggplant color and to be honest, I find it inconvenient.  I went back to a regular coffee maker.  I think the flubb on this machine was definitely a sign for me not to buy, whew!  Lol!  😜

I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.  I had terrible luck with the two Keurigs that I've owned.  I think I said this earlier in this post, but I have an iCoffee and love it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness for the internet. These things are junk,.and they've always been junk.. Their claim to fame with gullible women was "great customer service"--when the junk broke and they replaced it with another POJ. Now Keurig can't even afford to do that. Too much junk, and falling stock prices. Yuck.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I've had my Keurig for 5 years now and it still works great -- I've only ever used bottled spring water in it.  This carafe model intrigued me.  However, the reason I will not buy is because the carafe is plastic -- what's the use brewing more coffee if it'll get cold after drinking down the 1st cup? I will not spend extra to buy the stainless carafe.  In addition, the vendor confirmed that the My K-cup only works for the individual cups of coffee.  There's no carafe size My K-cup, so I can only make a full pot of coffee using someone else's coffee blend. It's like Keurig pushes these models out the door without caring about the customer at all, or thinking the customer just doesn't care.  

Frequent Contributor

I bought the Keurig TSV before this one, and I really like it.  I only use filtered water in mine.  I enjoy having a warm drink during my commute to work.  I also use it in the evening for cider or tea.  It is really convenient.  I don't think it causes any more waste than all the boxes and packets from any other kind of hot drink I made before.   

Valued Contributor

@winamac1 - oh I didn't mean I expected these to last 20 years. In fact, I'm pretty amazed mine lasted as long as it did. I was stating that the machine I bought to replace my Keurig has a reputation for lasting 20+ years. Technivorm Moccamaster - made in the Netherlands. My main problem with the Keurig was the quality of coffee coming out of it. It was fun for the time it lasted.

Valued Contributor

That's how mine bit the dust as well - eventually just stopped brewing. It would make the noise like it was going to brew but then never would produce anything. Too bad for them that it happened on air - but yeah - it happens.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter still uses my old Keurig the first one ever sold on QVC and it is still going strong with absolutely no special care at all! She doesn't even clean the filter.