Contributor

Re: It TSV CC cream for Pink Undertone Skin

Thank you to everyone for your responses! This tends to be a problem with most companies. To tell me to get medium if you are a medium or unsure as they recommend on the shows, is no help at all. They need to go by skin undertones, pink, beige, or yellow (or at least cool and warm toned skin as a description). Thanks again for the feedback!
Respected Contributor

I have a light complexion, neutral, no yellow or pink. I picked medium, maybe should have picked light but, is on it's way now so will see. I went on AD and figure with summer coming maybe medium will be fine and if not I will either sent it back for light OR use it for summer than switch to light for my next shipment.

In some things I am a light/medium which I wish this would have but, had to choose.

I did this with a Mally kit I had on AD, switched from one shade to another and was fine.

Frequent Contributor

I am Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals. I started using BM Faux Tan Face because I am tired of winter and cold weather. Using this product warms my skin tone up to Light in the It CC Cream, It Celebration Illumination and Bare Minerals Original foundation because it's a golden bronze color. I think It Cosmetics uses the yellow to cut redness because of their claims to improve rosacea, etc, but in doing so they take us cool toned girls out of their foundation lineup. I bought the IT TSV in Light and Medium, but Medium is way too dark, even with the Faux Tan.

I love Bare Minerals, but I love some of It Cosmetics products too, particularly Tightline and the brushes. I tried It because I don't like Bare Minerals Ready foundation and I didn't want to take my loose powder on vacation.

Super Contributor

I have lots of pink undertones to my skin too. I've been using the CC cream in the Illumination formula in the Medium. I like that formula the most. I also use the regular CC cream but I think it gives me more yellowish then the Illumination formula does.

Just today I ordered a trial size of the LIGHT CC cream in regular only because they don't offer that size in the Illumination. I want to see how the LIGHT looks on me. I do love this makeup since I buff it on with one of Jamie's brushes that is round and flat. I would not just put it on with my fingers like she shows. That just seems so thick to me. I am more than happy using the brush.

Contributor

I'm a redhead with porcelain skin with pink undertones. If I go out in the sun I burn, never tan. I'm porcelain with LG and fair with BE and the fair with IT works pretty well. It's just a tad bit darker than I would like, but by far it's been the best makeup I've used to cover up the redness on my sensitive skin.

Contributor

All the IT foundations/concealers are yellow based.  I tried light and medium and neither really worked for me. I'm pink toned with a fair/light complextion.  Same for the Tarte foundations, all too yellow for me.  I've been using a foundation by the brand By Terry that used to be sold on QVC in the shade "Rosy Beige" and I've found this shade has a pink tone to it and covers pretty well.   I wish more brands had pink undertones.

Honored Contributor

I have light gold blonde hair and pale skin with pink undertones.  I bought the CC in Light (TSV) and it blends into my skin beautifully, no problems.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

I can totally relate to you on this. I also wear medium in the BE line, and have those same pink undertones. I find that much of the IT Cosmetic's line is yellow tinted to me... However, I do love their Bye Bye Eye Concealer and like many other ladies, we're able to use it spareingly as a full face foundation.

I do wish Jamie  would create something just for us pink undertoned ladies. 

Contributor

I hope this helps. I'm light complected and in
BM I used the Med. I was interested in the CC 50 phf cream. I went to Ulta and after trying the light and med. I and SRep. Picked the light for me. I don't know what my undertones are. I was told all of the "IT" items have a yellow undertone. Its a guess if you can't sample first.
Contributor

Oh, forgot to mention, I use the light in the CC 50+ Illumination SPF which I love. Smiley Happy