Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa

Thanks for your review.

I did listen carefully to the directions and they make sense.  Keeping it on all the time during the summer makes sense to me.  You've got to break the cycle.  I'm all for that.

Summer means I have to stay inside as soon as the sun starts to set.  While I don't want to sleep outside in the dark, it would be nice to enjoy my swings which are at the edge of the woods -- bug central!

Enjoy your summer. 

Honored Contributor

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

Bats not in enough trouble with disease and loss of habitat? Let's take away their food sources. Way to screw up God's environment even further!

If helping to prevent bites and much, much worse is screwing up God's environment, count me in. If we lived in a situation where we were exposed to mosquitos, we would definitely take all steps necessary to help prevent bites and much, much worse.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: INSECT ZAPPER

[ Edited ]

@Suzy Q from PA wrote:

First thing I thought when I saw the presentation...what about the good bugs??  I am sure this thing isnot selective about what it traps!

Even if some good bugs are attracted, it sure is better than mosquito bites and the possibility of diseases from them!!  Some obviously have not had experience with mosquito bites.  At our vacation place I can get 20 -40 bites just taking the dog out to go for about 5 minutes!!  We have many bats  and it doesn't solve the mosquito problem.  So I will sacrifice some good bugs and will not become a martyr so as not to screw up God's plan!!

Regular Contributor

THAT IS WHY THEY MAKE INSECT REPELLENT!!!!! UNREAL.....

Respected Contributor

@Sassyboo3 wrote:

Bats not in enough trouble with disease and loss of habitat? Let's take away their food sources. Way to screw up God's environment even further!

Personally, I don't think this thing will work but anything I can to to avoid being bitten by a mosquito, wasp, or deer fly works for me.  They are painful and I am allergic to their venom.  I will spray, swat or zap to protect myself and my family. 

Regular Contributor

Count me in with the sinners. I'm ordering this for my parents. I know they will appreciate being able to sit in their backyard without fear of being eaten alive by God's littlest creatures.

Regular Contributor

The reviews on Amazon are not very good for this TSV and it states that it mostly kills moths as well as frogs, dragonflies and lizards.

I can attest to this as I once had one very similar and I just could not stomach all of the little critters it was killing. I live in Florida and seeing dead chameleons which are becoming scarce here is not something I want to contribute to.

For that reason, "I'm out!"

Respected Contributor

I got this the last time it was on and am pleased with the job it does.  I like to be outdoors.  I'm sure I'm not going to starve bats with my little zapper, but the thought they would go elsewhere for a meal is fine with me.  Who wants to live in the middle of bats??  Wow. 

Trusted Contributor
  • I'm happy to hear it worked for some. It did nothing for us. I kept it plugged in and after a month there was about 4 or 5 bugs in the darn thing. The same after the 2nd month.  I could not recommend this to anyone .
Occasional Contributor

We purchased this last summer and it worked great and we back up to a woody, swampy area. We noticed a big difference. We set it up again about a few weeks ago

and today when we emptied it , it was full.