Regular Contributor

Bats not in enough trouble with disease and loss of habitat? Let's take away their food sources. Way to screw up God's environment even further!

Respected Contributor

Why are we not able to read the 142 reviews on this product?  They were mediocre I am sure that is why.  I just don't see how this can possibly keep all mosquitos from getting to you!   i also think it is a cheap shot to hint at the problem with Zika right now when it is not even sure if those mosquitos are on US mainland.  Scare tactics don't sell for me!

Honored Contributor

That ideology is fine and dandy if you stay indoors, live in a city or  an apartment but there are many who live in the country and with all the diseases mosquitoes carry and spread, you can't just let them breed and breed and hide indoors!

Regular Contributor

First thing I thought when I saw the presentation...what about the good bugs??  I am sure this thing isnot selective about what it traps!

Respected Contributor

The Amazon reviews are so-so. Some say it is great while others had negative reviews. The pricing even with shipping is about $30.00 lower for the big one. 

Oh, well, 30 day return is worth a try. Grandgirls cannot play outside without concern for bug bites and the extra concern for using chemicals for repellant. 

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Why are we not able to read the 142 reviews on this product?  They were mediocre I am sure that is why.  I just don't see how this can possibly keep all mosquitos from getting to you!   i also think it is a cheap shot to hint at the problem with Zika right now when it is not even sure if those mosquitos are on US mainland.  Scare tactics don't sell for me!

@bargainsgirl, there are confirmed cases in Texas. 

Click Here

Respected Contributor

One good thing about down here and being able to have your lanai/pool screened in. Actually outside is not too bad as there is an agressive spraying program in Lee County. I will still spray some OFF when gardening outside.

The pool cage is in the lower left.

IMG_1697.JPG

Honored Contributor

Bugs can be a problem in the hot summer months.  The TSV is a great idea if it works.  Last summer my immune system was low, so I wasn't able to go out in the backyard. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: INSECT ZAPPER

[ Edited ]

We live in the woods and I have seen bats at work.  Despite their best efforts, I cannot sit out without subjecting myself to innumerable insect bites.  And, I am allergic to most of them which causes a single bite to turn into a welt the size of an orange.  It lasts for weeks and is not only itchy, but painful.

We've had 20 straight days of rain and there are lots of opportunities for standing water in the woods.  The mosquitos are already out in force.

It seems to me that there will still be sufficient bugs for my bats and birds.  The woods are alive with buzzing insects at night and, judging from the bites I get, there is a never ending supply.   

I'm tired of being human bait in the summer and I'm going to give these a try.  The demo said they do not harm beneficial insects and you have 90 days to try it out.  I have cats and hate spraying anything around.

We have tried garlic spray which may or may not work. 

If this thing doesn't seem to work, I will return.  

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased this when it was a TSV last year. It is not a 'zapper". It really works to send the annoying and bad bugs/flying "things" away from where the humans are sitting.  I was so tired of the dogs and I having to duck and cover just to be outside on the patio. This even seem to keep most of the stink bugs away from the patio door.

The key to the item is to place it according to the directions. This is different than any other item that I tried. This needs to be so many feet from where the people want to be. We have a large lot but it's an uneven shape. I eventually purcahsed another one for my front porch area. It doesn't use a lot of energy and the bulbs last 3-4 months. Depending on how hot it's been, I think I cleaned it out about every three weeks. I never found any "good bugs" inside just the nusicance things.( I also purchased the SunJoe outside extentsion cord to use with it because I needed the length to get to my outlet.)

I'm very pleased with mine and it works for our needs.