Super Contributor

I ordered Honeybells, one order for me and the other bill to ship to.  Both orders placed one right after the other.  The bill to ship to order is out for delivery today, while my order still has in process.  I'm hoping I'll still get my order but the way things have been lately I won't hold my breath.

Esteemed Contributor

Why so negative?   I ordered direct from Hale Grove with one to me and one to another zip code.  Shipment hasn't happened yet for either. 

Oranges have to be ripe to be picked in January - they might have had 'some'  but not all.  You don't want green ones - so be patient.

Honored Contributor

Re: Honeybelll Shipping

[ Edited ]

@LovemesomeQ1979 

If it were me, I would email my order info for both orders to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com. so they can look into why one order is out for delivery today, yet the other identical order still shows 'in process'.

I'm not sure that I would 'buy' that one order was ripe, yet the other order wasn't.

If anyone can figure out what's going on with your other order, it's the QVC social team!

ETA: @Susan-QVC 

Any help for @LovemesomeQ1979 with this order?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I ordered mine Dec 29, shipped Jan 10...due around the 15th, I think it said.

Seems normal to me. I've gotten Honeybells almost every year for about 12 years...always ordered sometime late December and always got them sometime mid-late January. As someone else said here, it's normal due to the crops being ready..it's always been this time of year.

Why one of yours shipped but not the other yet, I don't know, but I suspect yours won't be far behind. It may just have to do with their system of when Bill-to-ship-to go and when normal orders go.

I hear about a lot of QVC shipping problems during these times...I feel lucky, but haven't experienced any...food has come almost immediately (better than before Covid times), and have gotten other things too in good time...clothing, makeup.

Good luck~hope you see your Honeybells ship soon!

Respected Contributor

Update: Mine just arrived! Haven't opened them yet...I'm just hoping they are good, ie. not lots of seeds and sweet and juicy...a few years were not as good as others. Last year was good; hopefully this year too.

@LovemesomeQ1979 Hopefully, yours are not far behind..🍊🍊🍊

Super Contributor

Re: Honeybelll Shipping

[ Edited ]

My 15 lb. box arrived a few minutes ago.  They look gorgeous; just like on the air.  I haven't tried one yet as I just finished supper, but I will have one later.

Some years, they don't look too great, but the fruit is still delicious.  That is to be expected as the weather varies from growing season to growing season.  Also, some years they are a bit more tart than sweet and other years they are as sweet as can be.

I hope everyone enjoys their Honeybells!  

Super Contributor

I got my box yesterday.  They sure are good !!!  Just ordered the small box only. Never had these before.  Delicious.  I'll know better next time.  I'll order the larger box.  ❤️

Valued Contributor

Why are they in a Harry & David, Medford, Oregon box?

Respected Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Why are they in a Harry & David, Medford, Oregon box?

Mr. Cushman sold his company to Harry and David in 2008

Valued Contributor

What a ripoff!

Counted 22 seeds in HALF of the first one that I cut into.  Just as many in the other half.  Same in the second one I cut into.  Their literature says, "Most honeybells are about 80% seedless."  Apparently I got the 20% that have a plethora of seeds.

Florida navel oranges that I buy from Publix have far less seeds, taste much better, and are way cheaper. 

Shame on me for falling for their BS.