Honored Contributor
Thinking of ordering and I love my Vionic flip flops (don't wear anything else) - do I order size I buy in flip flops for the sneaks? The reason I ask is I buy ryka sneaks and had to up a size Thank you
Valued Contributor

Re: Fit (size) Vionic sneaks

I bought two pairs of the TSV and got them early so I've been wearing them. I ordered my true size and they are great.

Super Contributor

I just wish they offered pure black and pure white... no loud brash colors. I am just not into the loud colors.

Honored Contributor

-

I order true to the size I am for all casual shoes and the fit is perfect for me, but anyone who uses a thick sock with their shoes, either a winter sock or a summer thick wicking cotton sock, might want to size up half a size. I use a relatively thin sock.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I need a 1/2 size so any shoes where I must size up is to big so I do not buy.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Super Contributor

I order my true size in the Vionic sneakers - 8.5. In Ryka I have to go up to a 9 because the half sizes are too short. I love both the Vionic and the Ryka sneakers but I've found my size to be all over the place with the Ryka. I can wear an 8 in certain sandals, and 8.5 in others and the sneakers I need a 9. With Vionic, the sandals, I wear an 8 and the sneakers an 8.5.

Super Contributor

Do the sneakers require a breaking in period? TIA

Honored Contributor

I would say that if you have healthy arches, you do not have plantar fasciitis and your ankles do not pronate, then yes, you do need to start wearing them for 1-2 hours a day for a week before wearing them longer, to adhere to the company's recommendations.

If you have painful foot issues currently and it hurts you to walk in "regular" shoes, I would say that the Vionics will likely feel instantly comfortable, i.e. The more you "need" them the more comfortable they will feel out of the box, and the healthier and less needy your feet are, you will probably need to do the break in.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 1/7/2015 moonchilde said:

I would say that if you have healthy arches, you do not have plantar fasciitis and your ankles do not pronate, then yes, you do need to start wearing them for 1-2 hours a day for a week before wearing them longer, to adhere to the company's recommendations.

If you have painful foot issues currently and it hurts you to walk in "regular" shoes, I would say that the Vionics will likely feel instantly comfortable, i.e. The more you "need" them the more comfortable they will feel out of the box, and the healthier and less needy your feet are, you will probably need to do the break in.

Thank you!