Contributor

I have become almost an expert on solar lights...I live out in the mountains where I have a long driveway and a homemade zigzag fence along it...These lights are the BEST...Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall...They come on and stay on...Just Beautiful lights...I will purchase more of these as money allows...( I also purchased ONE at walmart that was large, cut glass on the top and the globe...said the Brightest...Can't find them anymore...Light and Beauty...Get the plow & hearth ones...

http://www.plowhearth.com/solar-led-path-lights-set-of-4.htm

Contributor

Also the gentleman said you can't find them anywhere else...Not so...Amazon has them for more money...Lumens count in solar...

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking how easy it would be for someone to steal solar lights like these.  Then Dan went on a pitch about lighting and security, and how these lights could make your property more secure.  Well, they don't give off that much light really and a serious thief would pull them up and discard them.

Contributor

Look at this...

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=energizer+solar+lig...

1 review with 3 stars...

Click on it and it has 3... 5 star reviews...

Really...? ...Won't let you see the 1... 3 star review...

Trusted Contributor

@velvetlace13 wrote:

Look at this...

http://www.qvc.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-1&storeId=10251&catalogId=10151&keyword=energizer+solar+lig...

1 review with 3 stars...

Click on it and it has 3... 5 star reviews...

Really...? ...Won't let you see the 1... 3 star review...

You can read the reviews here for the ones I bought last year.  Also, ALPAN is the company that manufacturers these and of course the new ones say "imported", but they are made in China ...

http://www.qvc.com/.product.M45417.html?sc=M45417-ISRC

Occasional Contributor

These are the new and improved solar lights, or so they say. I ordered for my Mom so I hope they work!

Respected Contributor

I've not had a problem with the ones I purchased a couple of years ago at QVC.  I love the copper color.  Looks sharp in my yard.  But, I totally agree that there has been such an improvement overall on these lights you can purchase them for much less.  I still have some small ones I got at Walmart 3 years ago for a dollar.  They still work and are bright for such small ones.  I noticed they still sell them.  Wow.  A dollar???? 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some of these garden lights last year too.  The light is not bright at all -- certainly not as bright as they looked during the presentation when they put them in a WHITE box!!! How dumb do they think we are?

Now they come out this year with a new set and a better battery life.  Why couldn't they do that the FIRST time?

I get a bit annoyed when I buy something from QVC, and then they bring it back again only better.

I bought garden lights from Lowes, very inexpensive.  The light is MUCH brighter than the Energizer ones are.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I bought this set last year and I was very disappointed. One never lit up despite installing a new battery.

Another one broke off and cannot be repaired.

Out of the set of 10, maybe half of them still light up with a replacement battery. I live where there is year round sun, so that is not the problem

I liked the new turquoise color, but I was not willing to risk getting another dud set. I may have been interested in buying the batteries, but did not see them offered.

I bought some cute color changing lights for $2 each at Wal Mart.

i