Honored Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

How much does it add to your electric bill?

My DH says it takes a lot of electicity to run those kind of heating devices.  I would be curious to see if anybody has found that their bill increased significantly.

it did!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I don't see using one of these little heaters as adding to my electric bill.  I'd rather just heat up a room that is usually cooler (north side of the house), as opposed to overheating other rooms to warm up that room. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I don't see using one of these little heaters as adding to my electric bill.  I'd rather just heat up a room that is usually cooler (north side of the house), as opposed to overheating other rooms to warm up that room. 

They are really cute and make the room look super cozy.  

That being said, mine didn't give off much warmth, and it was just too expensive to run even for an hour or two each day!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie - I did check out that website, but they don't have the newest model (which is the one QVC has).  The newest one should be more energy efficient. Thanks anyway for the info!

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Let me assure you....it adds to the bill.  

Respected Contributor

They do add to the bill--and in our area, electric is terribly high; the town distributes our power from the local company and we are seeing insane increases not explained entirely by usage.

However, the heater is CUTE--much nicer than previous models. The 3D is really 3D and it's my "faux fireplace" for my bedroom.