Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I advance ordered this and it came today.  It's better than I expected (even if a bit smaller than what I expected)  

I got the color called French Gray, but it doesn't look gray at all.  It's more of a dark taupe color.  

I tested it a few times on a very warm night, so didn't want to heat the room up too much, but I love the look of the flames and it seems to generate a good amount of heat, too.

@september  I was considering getting this new model until I read the height. I had purchased these heaters...2 previous models...one is 5 yrs old and 23" in height and the other 3 yrs old that is 28.5" in height. If the new model was at least the 28.5", I would have bought one...darn. 

Respected Contributor

I highly recommend these.  I'm starting my fourth winter with mine, and it still works perfectly.  Before I got the Duraflame, I got a couple of space heaters at Walmart.  One only lasted one winter.  The other made it through two.  Further, they weren't decorative like my Duraflame.  It is a good value.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I highly recommend these.  I'm starting my fourth winter with mine, and it still works perfectly.  Before I got the Duraflame, I got a couple of space heaters at Walmart.  One only lasted one winter.  The other made it through two.  Further, they weren't decorative like my Duraflame.  It is a good value.

@Ms X  As I mentioned in my post above...only wish it was at least 28.5" in height...this model, although upgraded with some cool features is too short at a mere 23" in height...JMO Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X  As I mentioned in my post above...only wish it was at least 28.5" in height...this model, although upgraded with some cool features is too short at a mere 23" in height...JMO Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I agree that it's too small if you're looking for a true electric fireplace.  I like the small size of this because I can move it around.  I put it at my feet when I'm at my desk in the dead of winter.  My heater has been great.  It's much more durable and I think safer than some of the cheaper units on the market.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise  I agree that it's too small if you're looking for a true electric fireplace.  I like the small size of this because I can move it around.  I put it at my feet when I'm at my desk in the dead of winter.  My heater has been great.  It's much more durable and I think safer than some of the cheaper units on the market.

@Ms X  The model I got for portablity is this one...V33515. I got one in bronze last year Smiley Happy

v33515.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X  The model I got for portablity is this one...V33515. I got one in bronze last year Smiley Happy

v33515.jpg

That's a sweet-looking little heater, @Susan Louise.  I really like that.  Mine is off-white.  It was the TSV a few years ago.  I agree that it would be nice if they made taller heaters too.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

v33515.jpg

That's a sweet-looking little heater, @Susan Louise.  I really like that.  Mine is off-white.  It was the TSV a few years ago.  I agree that it would be nice if they made taller heaters too.

@Ms X  Honestly, I really love the look of the new upgraded version, however, for our livingroom, and where we place it, we would have to prop it up on something to enjoy the flame since it would be placed on the other side of our coffee table a few feet away. I know our 1st duraflame we got 5 yrs ago was the same height as this years and that was our main complaint. We enjoy watching the flame since we don't have a fireplace in our small home...

Oh well, we'll just have to wait for the next upgrade next year Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise  Maybe you should send QVC a request that they make a fireplace-sized version of this heater.  Their designs would look great as full-size fireplaces.  I'd like something like that much better than the wooden electric fireplaces.  The mid-priced ones are usually made of poor-quality wood, so the metal units of Duraflame would be better looking and would last longer, too. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise  Maybe you should send QVC a request that they make a fireplace-sized version of this heater.  Their designs would look great as full-size fireplaces.  I'd like something like that much better than the wooden electric fireplaces.  The mid-priced ones are usually made of poor-quality wood, so the metal units of Duraflame would be better looking and would last longer, too. 

@Ms X  Well, LOL, our livingroom is too small for a Duraflame heater the size of a real fireplace! Currently we use this Duraflame from a few yrs ago. V32264 (in black). If only Duraflame made the curent new version about 30" tall, it would be perfect! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

v33515.jpg

@Susan Louise, I just sent mine back like this one with the permission of QVC's customer service.  I had the logs crack; I posted pics of the cracks in a prior thread.  I wasn't the only one this happened to.  They credited me back the full amount plus s/h.  Bolo for cracks appearing in your logs.  I truly loved this one & was sad to have to send it back.