Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney and Bourke TSV in early February

@QVC fanatic

No Problem. I will write myself a note so that I do not forget. (smile)

Contributor

Many thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a bag sort of like this in raspberry and the leather is fabulous.  I think I'll probably order this bag in the black because I love the contrast between the strap colors and the tassel colors.  I like the butter also but I think it would show dirt too much.  Out of all the colors, I love the black the best.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVC fanatic

I promised that I would come back and give a review of the bag. Well, I have to tell you that I love it.

When I received the box, and opened it I have to admit that I was like oh no. It really is a large bag. That is my fault, It looks smaller in the "Insider". Hence why I should have paid closer attention to the Measurements. I was thinking (jokingly) to myself, it's like a little carry on piece of luggage.

Well, Once I took out all of the stuffing, wrapping, plastic, etc. I had a good look at the color. (Taupe)  It's gorgeous, and the leather in my opinion is top notch. Soft, and luxurious  I put a few items in the bag, and let it hang on a door knob to develop the natural slouch that it should have.

It looks so nice. I have to give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Contributor

Hi Icezeus,

Wow! Thanks for sharing your feedback. So awesome that you love the bag. I was hoping not to like it since I already bought 2 Dooneys during their recent winter sale. However, seems like I might cave in for this one. Reviews for a very similar bag (Sloan) on the Dooney website have also said the leather is sumptuous. Glad you like your new purse. P.S. Is the pouch pretty good too?

Respected Contributor

Looks like a great bag and a good size. My issue is that it's smooth leather. For me, a bag in this style wears so much better in more of a pebble leather. I'm probably going to pass because of that. I hope anyone who get it enjoys their purchase.
Esteemed Contributor

The  pouch is made of the same leather, and it's a decent size, but I honestly was not going to even use it. I have an RFID wallet for my credit cards that I prefer, and I have placed it in my bag. 

I decided yesterday to put my cash, and check register in the pouch and use it for that purpose.

I have already dumped the Key Fob into a drawer. I have no use for it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would agree with you. I brought in my duster that came with the bag to put in my drawer at work. I have my bag resting inside of it. I was concerned about damaging the leather. It's a very soft .

Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

The  pouch is made of the same leather, and it's a decent size, but I honestly was not going to even use it. I have an RFID wallet for my credit cards that I prefer, and I have placed it in my bag. 

I decided yesterday to put my cash, and check register in the pouch and use it for that purpose.

I have already dumped the Key Fob into a drawer. I have no use for it.

Thank you again.  Seems like the the leather is soft...but is it too soft? 

Respected Contributor

...This has nothing to do with the bag, why do you think Sue is dressed for summer including the sandals on Feb. 6? I know she is from Florida but........... It just looks strange to me.