Trusted Contributor

Dell TSV........any thoughts or opinions?

My desktop computer is about 13 years old.  I've been thinking about getting a new one for a long time now, and I do know that I want a desktop rather than a laptop.

Can anyone tell me if the TSV is a good deal?  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dell TSV........any thoughts or opinions?

[ Edited ]

Dell is wonderful and I love mine ,BUT,buy it from DELL ,you will be a whole lot better off. QVC doesn't shape up when things go wrong

You can pay it off from Dell too.

Trusted Contributor

If you are computer savvy, find the model you want and shop around. If you are not into technology, then I would buy it from QVC.  The reason:  It comes with lifetime techno help. A person on the end of the 800 number will help set up a printer, help with viruses etc. Invaluable and a money saver when you have a problem.

Contributor

Tech support from Dell is invaluable.  I agree if you are tech savvy shop around.  If not, do buy from QVC usually you will receive Dell Tech Support people. My hesitancy is I like an Intel instead of AMD processor. 

Contributor

It's good to consider what specs you want and then see how the TSV stacks up. For instance, the TSV only has 4 GB RAM. That is fine, depending on how you want to use the PC. 

Valued Contributor

dell lap tops are junk? qvc sell models that are old. my dell laptops last only 2 years nothing but problems. desk tops are ok. I bought a geek squad contact from best buy and well worth the valvue. never had tech support from qvc. i own apple computers now and apple care is so great.

Valued Contributor

Consider going over to the dark side and get an Apple MacIntosh.  I used to be a Dell fan but once I went Apple I never went back.

Esteemed Contributor

Dell is a nightmare... very bad CS very bad Technical service. SInce Michael Dell sold the company to India and went "Global" it is a horror. I recently went to a Apple computer and never looked back to a windows device or a Dell.  OP... just a heads up, always buy from the company never from a shopping channel they tend to sell older models with software you will never need or ever use. In other words buyer beware!

Frequent Contributor

Love all my Apple Toys, Macbook Pro, Ipad, Watch & Phones. I  wish the Q would do an Apple TSV..I need a new MacBook Pro for work!

Honored Contributor

If it really only has 4GB or RAM, that's definitely not good at all.  Granted, that's just one little thing.  My bet is that it also has an AMD processor, no?  (they usually do)  They tend to charge Intel prices for AMD on shopping networks.

I agree with others to find what features you want and shop somewhere beside a tv shopping network.  On the manufacturer's website you can usually save quite a bit.

There are lots of other reasons, but that's a start.