Honored Contributor

Re: David Markstein Italian Jewelry Monday May 6

Earrings usually dont come with gram weights provided. I am the first one to look for gram weights, but not in earrings. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of high polished hoops very similar to these in the late 90's on HSN, still wear them today.  Same shape. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Earrings usually dont come with gram weights provided. I am the first one to look for gram weights, but not in earrings. 

JTV provides grams weights for their gold earrings and so does ShopLC and ShopHQ.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

JTV provides grams weights for their gold earrings and so does ShopLC and ShopHQ.

I have never seen that before, been buying gold on TV since 1995, only seen it in necklaces and bracelets. Gram weight in earrings is meaningless to me, but in neck pieces and bracelets, it means quite a bit. In earrings it is all about the size and the width for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

I like to know the weight of a gold piece, whatever it is, just so I know how sturdy it's made. The thin stuff just doesn't hold up and dents easily. I also have a weight limit of 5 grams total in each ear which would also include any gems. Anything more hurts my ears.

Esteemed Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
David Markstein had designed a Beautiful 14k pure gold (NOT PLATED) ring that I really wanted, but it sold out in minutes. His jewelry is all Made in Italy.
In fact Any Stran even bought this ring. I’m hoping that’s the TSV or something similar! 🤗🤗🤗

@RescueLover I'm curious about the ring.  Do you have a picture, or old item number?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle 

I like to know the weight of a gold piece, whatever it is, just so I know how sturdy it's made. The thin stuff just doesn't hold up and dents easily. I also have a weight limit of 5 grams total in each ear which would also include any gems. Anything more hurts my ears.

@SilleeMee They don't weigh 5 grams.  Maybe 1.5 or 2, 2.5g tops for the both of them.  They are not even giving gram weight for the matching bangles.  I have seen similar looking bangles in QVC under 2g.  They have a seam.

Respected Contributor

Hi! @NYCLatinaMe The ring sold out, but if you go to Amy Stran’s Instagram page she does unboxing of QVC items and she unboxed it. It was a few months ago. It was 14K gold and I believe the price was $399.

Today though I bought his CZ Wrap Love knot Ring in the two tone, which was at a special sale price of $69.98, Item #J436345. I thought it was unique and not something you see every day. Check it out! 🤗🤗🤗
Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty @RescueLover!

I don't know that I'll be able to find a ring unboxing a few months ago on Instagram.  But if I have the item #, 100% I can find it.  Sold-out doesn't matter.  I can find listings for things that sold out more than 10 years ago.  The internet knows everything....  Thanks anyway.