Esteemed Contributor

I bought it...like I've done the last two years.  I had some success both times.  Might have done better if I'd planted earlier.  Happy enough and happier than I've been with things from the other garden vendor.

I thought about my problem areas and the planters I would use, and then I ordered.

I like the addition of the individual "chicks."

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cottage Farms sedum 2017

I have never had any success with CF plants, hope you have success.

Honored Contributor

Remember what they say:  If you're not happy, we're not happy.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I am tempted to purchase because the mature plants look so good,  Unfortunately, I have purchased the sedum twice before and I did not have good luck.  Not sure what I did wrong and wish I had been successful.

Valued Contributor

I wish they'd have different sizes to order.  I'm not sure I want to spend $50 and not know if they will strive in my area or take hold.

It would be nice if they had half an order and a full order to choose from.

Trusted Contributor

I bought this last year. I love it. I bought 2 planted 1 and just took pieces of the other and it still growing in the plastic pan. I'm not sure I like the different way it's all separate this time.  Probably won't order.

Frequent Contributor

I had purchased 2 sets of the last years Cottage Farms sedums TSV to place in between flagstones, but they have not grown and some have died off. I have lots of succulents in my yard (none were purchased) all of which have been cuttings from family's plants (I love my plants being extensions from other family members plants).  Nobody I know has sedum in their yards and what was available in stores didn't have the variety that Cottage Farms had, so I gave them a try. I put them under a tree that was just soil and put some in a hanging basket (until I purchased the flagstone), neither have thrived. Not sure why Cottage Farms succulents wouldn't thrive when all you need is a piece of a succulent placed on top of soil to grow like weeds. I've never had any luck with plants purchased from QVC so I quit purchasing but I gave the sedum a try because it's a succulent and It should've thrived. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jayjay wrote:

I wish they'd have different sizes to order.  I'm not sure I want to spend $50 and not know if they will strive in my area or take hold.

It would be nice if they had half an order and a full order to choose from.

--------------------------

Great suggestion!!  The reviews from past seasons are iffy...some worked and some did not.  I would try them if I could buy a smaller grouping too!!!

Honored Contributor

All of our local garden centers and big box stores offer a guarantee on plants. I personally prefer to buy locally.  If I ever have a problem, I can take them back, no hassle.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I bought it...like I've done the last two years.  I had some success both times.  Might have done better if I'd planted earlier.  Happy enough and happier than I've been with things from the other garden vendor.

I thought about my problem areas and the planters I would use, and then I ordered.

I like the addition of the individual "chicks."

@esmerelda  I would have bought it, but there are only two types of succulents unlike the many varieties in the box of the last two years.  I prefer a mix.