Esteemed Contributor
Has anyone tried these? I have an old Conair set that still works fine, but wonder if new technology is worth trying. I have shoulder length fine hair. I'm thinking this over because of the price -- with shipping it will be around $110. Hate to spending shipping again if I don't like the product, especially something fairly heavy.
Esteemed Contributor

I was on the fence as well and started a thread about these last night in Beauty Banter.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/464702/postid/9638017/re-chi-rollers-anyone.aspx...

I didn't get a lot of replies, but it was late.

I did end up ordering the medium.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I bought them from Amazon when they first came out. Did not like them because the rollers were too short. I picked up Callista - the long ones which I like better. No more burnt fingers!

Respected Contributor

I got a set of the newer type of roller with ceramic lining the clips. I've also tried some of the newer rollers. My old set, for reference, is a travel set that is just rollers and clips.

BY FAR, this type of set out performs the rollers with plain clips, new type or not. First, some of the rollers I've tried are heavy and they fall out easily.

I can absolutely recommend the Remington set. The only downside is that it is large-ish, so I keep mine on the counter or under the vanity under the sink, but...it has more rollers, two sizes and the results are better. I wish I could get these in travel size sets, but they don't make one.

Occasional Contributor

I bought the Chi rollers in large since I have long hair. I only purchase Chi products. I have the chi iron and and the blow dryer. They last a long time, and always deliver. I'm looking forward to the rollers.