Respected Contributor

CHOC COVERED PRETZELS TSV ? I'M OUT !

Hi all.  I hate Pretzels !!  never could learn to like them. Yuck  !!   I will pass. However I am a Huge Chocoholic !   Oreo cookies,  fudge brownies, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate !!!   Let's take a poll,    What's your favorite  treat ??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CHOC COVERED PRETZELS TSV ? I'M OUT !

Anything chocolate. In regards to the TSV-- overpriced. I'm sure I can do better elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Actually, chocolate-covered pretzels are one of my very favorite treats.  I buy them one or two at a time - The TSV price is good assuming the pretzels and the chocolate are good, but I just don't need so many at one time.  I'll stick with my local gourmet shop.

Could you buy cheaper -  sure, but there are just lots of terrible, cheap choices out there.  I love chocolate, but my addiction is to the good stuff, not what I can buy at CVS or Walgreens or the dollar stores.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3 favorites, dark chocolate, and then more chocolate.  I better add black licorice.

Trusted Contributor

I actually thought about getting it for my husband for Christmas from (don't laugh) the dogs but have a feeling there will be lots more treats being offered to us before Christmastime.  He can be a bit fussy when it comes to food (yes, dinnertime is fun in our house, lol)!  Anyway, my favorite treat?  Our local grocery store makes a small cake (chocolate of course) that cuts perfectly into four pieces.  I'm not sure what it is about that cake but oh man is it good!  I think I'll pick one up tomorrow while I'm out running errands!  :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's ridiculous they're selling 22 pretzels for $40 + $3 s/h + est of another $3-$4 for tax. 

Oh my bad - s/h is included.  Regardless these things are still way over priced.  ANd if these are supposed to be for christmas holidays, what do you do with them for 5 months?  Must be why they're on auto ship.  Eat now, eat later, and continue eating while you're still getting them on auto.  Positively cra cra!

Contributor

I got these last year when it was 18 for 39.96. And let me tell you these are not WORTH IT. Out of 18 only 6 were fresh and the rest were STALE!!!!!!!!! I was so Hot! I'm glad QVC have a nice refund policy on food.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I think it's ridiculous they're selling 22 pretzels for $40 + $3 s/h + est of another $3-$4 for tax. 

Oh my bad - s/h is included.  Regardless these things are still way over priced.  ANd if these are supposed to be for christmas holidays, what do you do with them for 5 months?  Must be why they're on auto ship.  Eat now, eat later, and continue eating while you're still getting them on auto.  Positively cra cra!

They have a choice of three delivery dates. One in September, one in November and one in December.   Somyounwouldnt jsve them for 5 months. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear that others have had a bad experience with these. I ordered them last year and they were the most decadent treat ever! Each one fresh and yummy! I just  ordered 2 boxes for the TSV to be delivered at different times. Last Christmas I handed them out to all my friends, left a couple for the mail carrier (who raved about them) and brought them to all the girls at the coffee shop where I stop every morning! Everyone wanted to know where I got them, as Landies is not carried in my area! Sooooo good!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, Goody2Shoes.  Almost $2 for a tiny choc covered pretzel is ridiculous!  I can go to the gourmet choc shop and get a freshly made one - or how many - for about the same price!  I'll shop locallyWoman Indifferent