Honored Contributor

Anyone know what the upcoming Berkshire TSV is going to be? It looks like Saturday 10/29 they have something coming up.

Hopefully it won't be throws again. A really nice velvet blanket would make me happy!

Honored Contributor

Re: Berkshire upcoming TSV

[ Edited ]

It's the velvet sheets!  The email came to me last night.  Someone please talk me out of my third set.

@Mominohio  I think they are having a blanket TSV next month.  So hang in there!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

It's the velvet sheets!  The email came to me last night.  Someone please talk me out of my third set.

@Mominohio  I think they are having a blanket TSV next month.  So hang in there!

@Laura14 @Mominohio Next month on 11-15 they will have a set of 3 throws 50 x 70 for $28 + $5.50 S&H.

Honored Contributor

I saw the email.  Are the sheets usual velvet?  They seemed heavy.

Respected Contributor

I bought these sheets last years and love them.  Only problem I have with them is that the top sheet won't stay tucked in!  Makes me crazy and keep trying to think of a way to fix the problem.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I saw the email.  Are the sheets usual velvet?  They seemed heavy.

@GCR18, the sheets are very lightweight but soft and warm. They don't pill. Love 'em

Trusted Contributor
I wish they would bring back the Berkshire blanket that was the tsv a couple years back. So soft and no shedding. It was very similar to the VelvetLoft throws the Q carries now. I needed a color change so I bought a Berkshire VelvetyLuxe blanket from Macy's, thinking it would be similar and it shed like crazy. Loose fuzz was stuck to both sides of the blanket and it migrated everywhere. It was disappointing and it went back to the store.

I'm really tempted by these sheets. I love my Malden Mills polar fleece sheets and these look even softer.
Honored Contributor

I love mine.  I have had no issues with tucking but then I'm a munchkin so I don't reach the end of the bed.  @Buck-i-Nana  Have you tried just tucking in the end and not the sides?  I think I do this because they are thick and I don't have an issue but see previous disclaimer.  

@GCR18  I don't think they are heavy at all but they are like a lightweight blanket, not a heavy one but it's definitely more girth than a regular sheet.  If you don't like to be warm in bed, this is not the set for you.  

Honored Contributor

Forgot to ask...I am sorely tempted by the cream this time.  

Does anyone have this color or something similar?  I tend to shy away from white bedding because I'm not sure of the upkeep on lighter colors and you can't bleach this.  Anyone have any issues with lighter colors getting dingy or turning on them?    

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 - Yup tried that.  Then I tried putting some of that gripper drawer liner on top of the box spring.  That didn't work either.  I'm afraid to try pinning or clips as I don't want to tear the sheet.  I've thought about maybe putting it on, pinning it to make an envelope and then take it off and actually run it through my sewing machine.