Honored Contributor

Aug 25th BL TSV micro lights set

I know the many uses these have, but they are available everywhere. I know people love them and use them in many ways. I'm glad they are available here but....

I don't see this as much of a TSV for a complete day long Christmas event, though. 

I'd think for a day long event, the TSV could have been more exciting than this.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Aug 25th BL TSV micro lights set

[ Edited ]

I really got into the micro lights last year and have quite a few. Many I bought "as is" and they were perfect, most not even opened. I'll be passing on these since I'm so well stocked. I do have a preference for the ED on Air micro lights with the silver wire for everyday use in hurricanes, etc. I use those when I want the wire to not be so obvious. I have bought the BL micro lights with green wire for use in wreaths, center pieces, garland, etc. and they blend in well. I do like that they have six hour timers and wish all lighted items with timers would offer the longer timers.

I agree with you, I was hoping for something with a little Christmas pizazz. Seems like a lot of repeats and variations on repeats this year. 

Respected Contributor

They are available everywhere, and I've bought them from everywhere.  My personal experience though is that the BL micro lights a so much better than everywhere else in color, endurance and battery life.  If I want micro-lights that are battery operated it has to be BL.  The most disappointing of the micro lights was the WinterLane brand from HSN.  They sucked the life out of batteries like crazy.

Trusted Contributor

If you are in the market for these, this is a fantastic deal.  I've seen these for $7.99 plus tax at Walmart and Home Depot during the holidays, so $19.92 for 3 strands with free shipping is a great deal.  The additional bonus is that if you have experience with these type of lights, you know that most store bought versions will only last about 2 weeks on the best quality batteries.  According to the product rep, they have extended the life of these to 41 days on the 6 hour timer.  If that's true, that's fantastic.  

Contributor

I'm actually considering getting these. I just have to think of where I would put them in my apartment.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness the host that kicked off the TSV is going home...she never shut up...I wanted to hear Chad...and see where he was using those lights...but all i could hear was her piercing voice non stop....Why do some hosts feel they have to be the center of attention ...

We have Mary now...she is so pleasant...I won't have to change the station now...

Trusted Contributor

I bought three sets of the clear.  I plan on giving one set to my mom and the others I have multiple uses for.  I'm thinking of arranging them inside a vintage birdcage, maybe wrapping them around some weathered faux pumpkins I have.  I also have a pip berry garland draped over some old birdcages on top of the refrigerator that could use a couple strands of these.  :-)

Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 deals of the clear.    I have a few cabinets with glass doors, I've been trying to figure out a way to put lights inside.  2 of the cabinets are a part of my entertainment center, I also have a curved front cabinet in the dining room, other cabinets in bedrooms.  The curved front does have a  light at the top, but the light doesn't filter down all the way to the bottom.  I have a set of white ceramic candle holders--spells out JOY & I leave them out all year, going to try to wrap one of the strands around them.

I wasn't raised this way & my late husband didn't like it either but I like to have lights on in all my rooms when I am home, particularly in the winter when it's dark when I leave for work & dark when I come home.   I use low watt, energy efficient bulbs, some with timers so I hope these lights will add to that ambiance I'm trying to create.

@Mominohio wrote:

I know the many uses these have, but they are available everywhere. I know people love them and use them in many ways. I'm glad they are available here but....

I don't see this as much of a TSV for a complete day long Christmas event, though. 

I'd think for a day long event, the TSV could have been more exciting than this.

Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if the clear have a warm glow to them. I have gotten some from walmart in the pass and the light was nota warm glow to me. It was to bright like a flash light.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

They are available everywhere, and I've bought them from everywhere.  My personal experience though is that the BL micro lights a so much better than everywhere else in color, endurance and battery life.  If I want micro-lights that are battery operated it has to be BL.  The most disappointing of the micro lights was the WinterLane brand from HSN.  They sucked the life out of batteries like crazy.

I ordered the WinterLane from HSN and they are very disappointing.  The battery doesn't last at all.  I just may have to order these if they have a longer battery life.