Super Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering the indoor/outdoor power scrubber?

I have one in my cart.  I have rheumatoid arthritis, tendinitis in both my wrists and problems with both my shoulders/one had rotator cuff surgery - so this looks like a good idea to me.

I can ask my husband and he's a good man, but when I want to get it done I want to get it done now - not having to wait a week, or two or a month...you know how it goes.

I hope that this is not heavy.

One thing I was thinking about - using the pointy brush around the toilet - would I was to take that brush with the toilet germs and be spreading that to my bathtub and other places in the house...

Unless you can disinfect the brushes with bleach??  Either that or by another set of brushes and designate it as the bathroom - or another unit designated for the bathroom and the other unit for the rest of the house...

Super Contributor

Gosh if they could make a scrubber unit that looked like a weed wacker or have a steering wheel on it my husband would be interested...

Being facetious Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

<Unless you can disinfect the brushes with bleach>

@58Meezer there are links to info on the web page for the brushes and other. Maybe click onto those for info as to what they are made for and can they have bleach used on them.

My Black & Decker only has a brush for fiberglass items and one for tougher items. I use extremly hot water,vinegar, &soap for sanitizing . I do not use mine to clean the toilet but it may be a good idea to dedicate one brush to that purpose .

I too have an 'old school ' DH that thinks in terms of the husbands from 'days of yore' like the old joke --why do Brides wear white?--to match the rest of the appliances. (p.s. I think many younger men still fell that way but are smart enough to not voice it!Smiley Happy )

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking about ordering it.  Checked it out on Amazon and got lots of good reviews.  Gotta check prices - if Prime is better or close - well, will order there 'cause they donate to Second Chance Rescue for me everytime I purchase which kinda sways me to go in that direction.  Wish QVC would do the same.  Also, would be nice if they did a membership thing like Prime - free, prompt shipping plus perks for an annual fee.

Respected Contributor

I have this that I bought last year. I like it because I have a bad back. I did buy extra brushes today. This does come in handy and I don't have a problem with the power running out but I clean in short spirits then rest. I can plug mine back in between. 

Super Contributor

okaywitheasypay - Thank you for your suggestion - I did read the instruction manual and you can use bleach cleaner - I ordered one along with an extra set of brushes - I'm not a use bleach user - I usually use white vinegar, baking soda/washing soda type. 

Looks pretty good - Amazon has a Quickie brush but has only 1 brush head and similar price - QVC looks like a good deal  Ironic in the instruction manual for the TSV scrubber gives a website and it doesn't work - goes to Go Daddy site...

Honored Contributor

I thought it looked like another one of those products that I would buy and use once....and then never pull it out again.....like my floor steamer.....and many other "useful handy dandy things" I bought with good intentions that end up never used.....and go to good will.  

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I bought the a black and decker model a couple of months ago , before I noticed that QVC sold this. They are similar .  I love it! The B&D one has less attachments . It extends though and reaches into the tub. One bathroom has a fiberglass tub/enclosure that I have always had difficulty getting clean as I liked --this thing does it!

It solves my dilemma of taking a relaxing bath with oils and soaks that always left the tub slick so needing to get on my hands and knees afterwards to scrub/cleanse so it wouldn't be slippery-- which 'undone' the relaxation of the soak! With this thing I just use it with the extension then rinse out.   

I also used it to clean the dish drainer board that I had difficulty ridding of calcium build up without a hand scrubbing process and it was 'easy-peasy'compared to hand scrubbing.

I have found it is always best to remember to do the first time charging recommended before using even though anxious to try .

I love mine and the Q's looks very similar.

@okaywitheasypay Thanks for the info about the B&D extension. I find I don't use a lot of my products because of having to scrub the tub afterwards. I looked at this year's ago (it didn't have the extension) and wondered if it would be another gadget that didn't get used. I'm going to check it out now. 

Respected Contributor

So the one on QVC is Quickie?  I tried to view the video and of course there is no sound. 

QVC fix your iPad app!!!!  Good grief!!!

the description online also doesn't name the brand. 

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Been there & done that with the Black & Decker. Just not powerful enough to do heavy duty scrubbing. No battery-operated device could ever be powerful enough. The power level drops to useless after 5 min. and yes, the rechargeability drops off as well. I would buy this or a similar product ONLY if it plugged into the wall.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all