Super Contributor

Re: Antonella deserves a prize

I haven't watched today, but I find that Leah, PJD, Jayne Brown, or MBR can reign SG in for the most part, which seems like no easy task. 

When SG has a TSV, she is in full throttle mode!

Esteemed Contributor

I say Antonella could take her, two out of three falls!

Frequent Contributor

I agree working with Susan appears challenging to the viewer. Antonella works best alone with jewelry. The laughing and family talk doesn't help sell anything. If QVC monitors the comments from viewers, they don't seem to be bothered by viewer feedback. The hosts are nicely compensated for their time, evidenced by Antonella's new McMansion. As long as Susan sells, it has to be fine with QVC. It's all in a days work for Antonella. She will be paid regardless of Susan's constant babbling. 

Trusted Contributor

I saw a bit of the show and heard Antonella say, "I know you're not going to let me say the colors."  So funny.  

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the show with Antonella and Susan. I thought they both did a great job - and they're both BIG talkers. I think viewers read way too much into the host/vendor interactions.They're not twins --- they each have their own style of speaking and selling. I admire Susan so much --- she's been on the Q for 26 years - that's success. I never get tired of listening to her - she has a soft voice and lots of passion. I bet she's quiet at home.

Honored Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I saw a bit of the show and heard Antonella say, "I know you're not going to let me say the colors."  So funny.  

That is funny!

I just checked in a few minutes this morning and Susan squatting to show the stretch and saying "This is the best pant ever!"  

Antonella followed up by saying, "And if you get it home and say, 'This is not the best pant ever, I don't like it', and want to return it, you have a 30-day money back guarantee!" I laughed so hard I about fell over.

I rarely get to see Antonella because of her hours, but she always makes me laugh. I like the way she's so honest about clothing items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get mesmerized by her hands.  Like her mouth, they're never still.  She's always smoothing,  tugging, re-arranging, or pulling on something.  I can only stand a couple minutes of it, then I'm on to something else.  Heavens only knows how many customers she has lost over the years due to her on-air demeanor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

As soon as I saw Susan Graver on I immediately switched the channel. I can't watch her. This is the only vendor on qvc that I feel sorry for the hosts. 

Respected Contributor

@Magny wrote:

As far as I know, Susan has never once pronounced Antonella's name correctly! Sounds like Antoinella.

Antonella is not pronounced, An ta nella.  It's an Italian name. Susan was pronouncing it correctly. 

Super Contributor

I am not a fan of Susan Graver's clothing for myself, but on the two times that I did tune in today I saw Antonella and Leah and they both looked beautiful in Susan's clothing!