Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about getting these too. Love the look. Was wondering about the "rocking" effect also. Don't want to feel like I'm about to fall forward.

Honored Contributor

What is up with QVC selling all these shoes with velcro?  Ugh. 

Esteemed Contributor

I preordered these in the zesty. I like them so much that I ordered another pair in good old basic black. I can be either an 8 or an 8-1/2 so I ordered the size 38. The fit was perfect. For anyone that doesn't have perfect feet, the adjustable tabs permit you to adjust the sandal according to the indiidual foot needs. My right foot is a little wider than my left, so the adjustability feature is great. If your feet swel and a shoe is uncomfortable as a restult, the velcro permits you to adjust the shoe exactly as needed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I have two pairs of shoes from this brand and LOVE them.  Can stand and walk all day.  The rock is very gentle and unobtrusive and the footbed is to die for.  I have never tottered on them like you can on a Dansko.

I wear a 39 in Birki and Dansko and 8.5 in shoes.  My feet are borderline wide and I wear the regular in Birki (not narrow) but have found the wide Alegria too wide.

I order 39 regular in Alegria.

Hope this may help.  Can't wait for mine to come.

Honored Contributor

The sizing thing can be frustrating.  I've been wearing Vionics and depending on the shoe will wear either an 8 or 81/2.  However in their sandals I always wear a 7 since they tell you to size down and my toes do not hang over the edge.  There is at least 1/2" room....the 7s are a perfect fit!

I did buy a pair of Alegria sandals last year.  I got the Lara and purchased them in the 38.  The fit is just okay. They are a bit loose.  I like the TSV in Zesty and ordered a pair of 37s & 38s.  It's so difficult to get the right size sometimes.  I'll have to return what doesn't work.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone with plantar fasciitis find them supportive?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

This is absolutely the best shoe brand I have found for Plantar Faciitis.  Wear them all day and never have a problem.  I am a size 9 and wear the regular shoe in size 40.  They are roomy but very comfortable.  I did, however, order the sandals in a 39.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I have two pairs of shoes from this brand and LOVE them.  Can stand and walk all day.  The rock is very gentle and unobtrusive and the footbed is to die for.  I have never tottered on them like you can on a Dansko.

I wear a 39 in Birki and Dansko and 8.5 in shoes.  My feet are borderline wide and I wear the regular in Birki (not narrow) but have found the wide Alegria too wide.

this helps me a lot @Still Raining.

i generally wear an 8 in shoes......and 39s in birkenstocks/european sized shoes. i went with the 39 and hoping it works, even though it says 9/9.5.

i ordered the silver, but really want another pair.....maybe the black or that rainbow black (cant remember the color names). i have never bought alegrias before so i am anxious to get them. i also saw a pair of short boots that i love!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

this helps me a lot @Still Raining.

i generally wear an 8 in shoes......and 39s in birkenstocks/european sized shoes. i went with the 39 and hoping it works, even though it says 9/9.5.

i ordered the silver, but really want another pair.....maybe the black or that rainbow black (cant remember the color names). i have never bought alegrias before so i am anxious to get them. i also saw a pair of short boots that i love!

@sunshine45  I wear an 8M and wear a 38 in Alegrias.  I wear a 39 in Pikolinos and Romikas, which are about the only other brand of European shoe I've worn.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

Thank you ALL for the responses....I think I will go with the 8 - 8 1/2....I think I heard the Rep. say in her discription thats she's a true size 7 and she ordered the size that covers 7--7 1/2