Frequent Contributor

What does "true to size" mean with European sizing ? My foot size for the majority of my adult life has been 7 1/2....Lately I've been wearing an 8 with no problem, but I can't wear an 8 1/2 (too big).... These sandals are offered in 8 - 8 1/2... I don't want my foot "swimming" in the sandal, but I also don't want my toes creeping their way off the end of the footbed....Any suggestions for my dilemma ? 

Super Contributor

I would order the 8-8 1/2.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered it early - the cork is shiny- wasn't expecting that. I have a wide foot so had to adjust the Velcro- but it really shows - the bottom part of Velcro is a lighter color. So I am packing up and shipping back. I miss Birks 😦

Honored Contributor

Re: Alagria (Fiona) TSV

[ Edited ]

@BernieH wrote:

What does "true to size" mean with European sizing ? My foot size for the majority of my adult life has been 7 1/2....Lately I've been wearing an 8 with no problem, but I can't wear an 8 1/2 (too big).... These sandals are offered in 8 - 8 1/2... I don't want my foot "swimming" in the sandal, but I also don't want my toes creeping their way off the end of the footbed....Any suggestions for my dilemma ? 

I bought the clog TSV from about a year ago.  The 8 was supposed to be a 38, but the reviews all stated it ran small.  I'd buy a 38 if I were you.  I'm a solid 8, and I took a 39 in that TSV.   I take a 38 in their boots and a 39 in their sandals and clogs.  

I'm not purchasing, but the floral looking one is pretty.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I think they are cute, but would like to know from anybody who might have them.....do they feel secure on your feet?  In other words, when you walk in them, do you feel you have to "scrunch" your toes to keep them on while walking?  And secondly, where the velcro straps meet, do they rub against the top of your feet?  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@NiteStarGood questions.   Hope someone answers.  I need to toss the Birki's I've been wearing here in Florida because I've worn the left heel unevenly right down to nothing.  I want another slide-in sandal, but I'm just not sure this rocker style is stable enough for me.

Anyone have experience?  I can assess the look for myself -  I need function reports. 

Honored Contributor

I'm struggling with their size chart too.  I'm tall and have big feet.  I own a few pr. of Alegria clogs(one pr. via Amazon and 2 pr. via QVC last year) and ordered all of them in the same European size.  They all fit and feel great.  Today, for the TSV, my usual size is in a different range with a different European number than I usually get.  My typical European size is showing a larger US equivalent than usual.  In checking other Alegria listings on QVC, there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the larger sizes.  I'm tempted to just order my usual Alegria size even though the US comparable number sounds like they'll be too big.  I'd hate to order what they think I should and end up with my toes or heel hanging over the edge and then have to go to the trouble and expense to exchange them.  Plus, who knows if they'll still have the pattern I want by then.  So confusing.

Honored Contributor

@NiteStar wrote:

I think they are cute, but would like to know from anybody who might have them.....do they feel secure on your feet?  In other words, when you walk in them, do you feel you have to "scrunch" your toes to keep them on while walking?  And secondly, where the velcro straps meet, do they rub against the top of your feet?  Thanks!!

@NiteStar  I don't own any Alegria sandals, but have a few pr. of their clogs.  I find them very comfortable and easy to walk in.  I don't have to scrunch my toes to hold them on while walking.  Mine were essentially "slide your foot in and go", no strap adjustment needed.  I don't notice any rubbing on my foot where the two parts of the strap meet.

Respected Contributor

If you love those birkies you can get them resoled. I have done it numerous times and it is not expensive.  That is what makes them such h a good investment.  As lo.g as you  keep the cork sealed ,and resolve, you can wear those forever. I had cork repair on one pair too. 

Honored Contributor

@birkin babyI could have my Birkies resoled, but they'd look like old shoes still.  The footbed has curled back on one front corner and unlike a pair of much older brown samdals, these yellow ones do not clean up well at all. 

These are not classic Birkenstock and for me, not worth redoing.