Super Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

I just bought the merlot. Yeah, they have lug soles, but I like that in Michigan in the slippery winters, and I also like the stretchy back and the fact that they made a wider calf for getting on over jeans. To me the gray looks brown and not gray and the navy looked too dark to me. I decided the merlot would look nice with my jeans and a burgundy sweater. The Earth Origins rep just said that it's the same footbed as the shorter boot they had as a TSV last year, and when I read the reviews, everyone seemed to think they were really very comfortable. I don't have to worry about wearing them all day at work because I'm semi-retired. Smiley Very Happy

Briggsie

I like having a few pair of lug sole boots.  They are great for Indiana and Michigan weather.  I don't think these are in the least bit clunky looking.  There's a place for many different types of boots in ones closet, LOL.  I have some Vince Camuto ones from 2 or 3 years ago in this style that I still wear!

---------------------------

ITA with Winamac

Super Contributor

Re: 8/22 Earth Origins TSV

[ Edited ]

misschristy wrote:

Here's why I want them -  they have an arch support!  I have comfy boots by Isaac, but they don't have an arch support so after wearing them all day, my back starts to ache.  Isaac's soles also mark my wood floors.   I love the padding that is described and that they are leather.  My only problem now is I think my calf is between 15-16" so I ordered the wide calf. (it's hard to measure)  I sometimes have issues with tall boots and have only one pair I purchased years ago.  Leah said she had the medium calf on though, so now I'm wondering if the wide calf will be too wide.  The medium looked fine on her.  Any comments from those who purchased early?

I also love the ruching, love the rugged sole and that they come in navy.  I prefer to purchase leather shoes as they have "give" and synthetic materials do not. 

----------------------------

That arch support sold me as well. Ordered the Merlot and Navy with a wide foot and average calf.  I don't have boots in either color. 

The boots I do have are a little wider than I like in the shaft area but had to get wide to fit my feet. Can't wait to get these to try!!!! 

I also love the ruching!!! 😍

Honored Contributor

The grey is NOT grey.  There has already been a response to that question at the site.  Only the back is grey. The front is more of a brown.  And the grey in the back is a light grey then a darker one.  A lot of people want grey boots.  You can find all over grey boots in other places including Payless.  These boots are not leather either. 

Honored Contributor

This is a great deal for a leather boot. I'm passing because I don't care for boots that are that tall. I'm only 5'3" and feel more comfortable with a shorter boot.

Contributor
So, pinkdogwood, you talk all about your fab finds not from the Q, so where...
Contributor
On Inspired Style, while Sally hugging Jackie, she said "we didn't leave anyone out" regarding the sizes and calf widths. YOU DID! WHY ARE THE BRANDS STARTING TO DROP 12 WIDE??!! The size runs go up to 12 medium, then stop at 11 wide! What's the problem? Anytime a twelve is offered, whether it's in medium OR WIDE, it sells out. So, I don't see the problem! I assume you don't make/offer as many in these sizes, but we are here and we are left out and tired of it. I ordered a 12 medium in a medium calf. Thought about wide calf, hoping it may be a slight but wider in the foot, but 17" is just too much. I don't want everyone to be able to look inside my boots. Hopefully the 12m will work. I'm sure I'll have to keep the $6.95 or more return label handy. After selling over 47 thousand, how much of a cost could it be to make a 12 w?
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

The grey is NOT grey.  There has already been a response to that question at the site.  Only the back is grey. The front is more of a brown.  And the grey in the back is a light grey then a darker one.  A lot of people want grey boots.  You can find all over grey boots in other places including Payless.  These boots are not leather either. 

Then why does the info in the description say ..."leather"??????????????

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@glorybe wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

I just bought the merlot. Yeah, they have lug soles, but I like that in Michigan in the slippery winters, and I also like the stretchy back and the fact that they made a wider calf for getting on over jeans. To me the gray looks brown and not gray and the navy looked too dark to me. I decided the merlot would look nice with my jeans and a burgundy sweater. The Earth Origins rep just said that it's the same footbed as the shorter boot they had as a TSV last year, and when I read the reviews, everyone seemed to think they were really very comfortable. I don't have to worry about wearing them all day at work because I'm semi-retired. Smiley Very Happy

Briggsie

I like having a few pair of lug sole boots.  They are great for Indiana and Michigan weather.  I don't think these are in the least bit clunky looking.  There's a place for many different types of boots in ones closet, LOL.  I have some Vince Camuto ones from 2 or 3 years ago in this style that I still wear!

---------------------------

ITA with Winamac

not clunky!  IN STYLE!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I just got my TSV boots (in brown.) I possibly should have ordered the grey, but the brown are good. 

THEY ARE SO COMFY! I got a 10 because there was no (grrrr) 10.5 and they'll be fine without socks. (Stockings) If I got the 11, I'd be swimming in them. 

The calf on the regular is just right for my normal calves (I have thin-ish legs.) The styling is fantastic and I love the fabric in back. They have a good arch. I'm so happy with them.

Can't wait to wear them with fall skirts. And jeans. Really nice boots. Thanks, QVC. 

Super Contributor

Hi @Campion or anyone else.   I just received the brown.  I have a wide foot with slim calves, which is why these appealed to me.  I can't wear high boots in my regular shoe size because the calves are always way too wide.  These ARE comfy except for the arch support.  They're digging into my soles and hurt a lot.  For that reason alone, I would have to return them...unless it's something I'm supposed to get used to.  I've never had arch issues.  Don't know what to do.  Anyone?