Super Contributor

Re: (4 lbs) Premium Alaskan Red King Crab Legs w/ 8 oz Clarified Butter//Evine TTV

The key words are Alaskan King Crab, even Costco is selling 10 pounds of Alaskan King Crab legs for $269 according to their website.
Super Contributor

Re: (4 lbs) Premium Alaskan Red King Crab Legs w/ 8 oz Clarified Butter//Evine TTV

On 3/12/2015 Sooner said:

Caught doesn't mean processed off Dutch Harbor. Where's Sig? Where's Capt. Andy?

Actually Capt. Sig Hansen was on air selling the crab. I think they are trying to prompt their product. US Caught!!

Trusted Contributor

Sharing part of an email from my local fish store in Southeastern PA. Price would be $28.95 a pound.

FRESH Alaskan Crab Update!
As stated in Monday’s weekly email, this update is to provide you with information concerning an opportunity to try some FRESH Alaskan King Crab.
We are currently working with our vendor who is in contact with Dutch Harbor, Alaska. They are coordinating the arrival of the crab boats back into the port. They left the docks last week and the pots are in the water! We are hoping for a great catch!
We have no way of knowing when the boats will reach their quota and return to the docks. Latest word is that the F/V North Sea may be the first boat returning. What we do know is that it will be a very quick turn around once they arrive. We will get notice when they arrive to the docks and the fresh crab will be flown out that evening.
We have never had the chance to try FRESH Alaskan King Crab and look forward to the opportunity and thought we would share this opportunity with you. Since this is a FRESH product, we will be bringing in limited quantities based on our PREORDERS.
Delivery could be as soon as this weekend, all the way to next weekend, once again, depending on the boats reaching their catch limit and return to port. We are expecting the price to be at $28.95 lb and you can preorder as little or as much as you would like. The FRESH Alaskan King Crab will hold refrigerated for an average of 2-3 days.
Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Wiskota said:
On 3/12/2015 Sooner said:

Caught doesn't mean processed off Dutch Harbor. Where's Sig? Where's Capt. Andy?

Actually Capt. Sig Hansen was on air selling the crab. I think they are trying to prompt their product. US Caught!!

LOL!!! Who knew? YOU knew! Ha ha!

Respected Contributor

I bought the ShopeNBC Alaskan Deadliest Catch sockeye salmon fillets and bought 2 orders.

Not so cheap.

Arrived well packed.

Always ordered Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Fillets and other Alaskan seafood from another internet source, where their items for the Sockeye Salmon tasted rich, was a bit oily and filled with omega 3 nutrients, was not dry, and was digested well after consumption.

The orders I got from ShopNBC which is what it was called when the Deadliest Catch came on board and the presentation of the Sockeye Salmon fillets was their today's special . They tasted bone dry, tasteless and I was so disappointed.

My deceased husband and I took quite a few Alaskan cruises and had delicious Sockeye Salmon fillets, king crab legs, and other Alaskan seafood while cruising Alaska, and it all tasted just as delicious as the other internet source I usually order from, which also sells Alaskan seafood's.

This Deadliest Catch tasted dead as far as the two Sockeye Salmon fillet orders I placed, so I called and got full refunds.

Also the presentation I watched afterwards struck me as being strange, because it seemed that the Deadliest Catch Captain had no clue about what was being offered for sale, and he looked really confused and kept repeating to the ShopNBC hos..... are we selling those?

My opinion this seafood if it is really caught by who they say it is caught by is the worst tasting Sockeye Salmon Fillets I have ever tasted, and my husband also said they were tasteless and felt bad trashing them, but we could not justify eating anything which does not taste as promised, and was on the expensive side.

Glad I got my refunds, and they have the same 4 reviews still up from when I received mine. BTW I tried to give an honest negative review twice after I received my refund and twice ShopNBC took it down......Now that tells me an awful lot, and they lost my business permanently, because I detest their lack of honesty, and fair standards which is what they displayed in their actions regarding displaying and then a few minutes later removing my honest, but negative customer review.

That tasteless "dead..... Deadliest Catch" Sockeye Salmon merited full refunds, and needed to be trashed.

Honored Contributor

I love Alaskan King Crab and was thinking about purchasing this (looks like the smallest ones, but still good) so I went to the site.

First thing I wanted to ascertain was if they fixed their problem with charging sales tax on food items (nontaxable in my state unless prepared and served). So I figured if they did it right I'd buy.

Alas, I was unable to even get that far. The website took me in circles - item in cart, hit the button to check out, sent me to screen for log in, logged in and entered, took me back to main page. *sigh* Went to cart (item still there), went to check out and it kept sending me in the same circle. After about four times of this I gave up.

I don't know what the deal is, but I've never had problems completing a purchase on their website and even had one purchase since they changed names AGAIN, last month.

Respected Contributor

Well they looked yummy!

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*