Super Contributor

Re: 2017 St Patrick's Day TSV sweater?

@ctinaw, Waterford on QVC is nothing new -- QVC has been selling Waterford for years. I've bought several pieces (including a gorgeous basket that I lusted after for years at a much higher price).  

And while Evine has some very good deals on Waterford, especially if it's a Today's  Top Value, most of their pieces are from the Waterford Marquis line (I own several from this line in addition to my regular Waterford), which is what I'd call an entry-level line. It's not lead crystal as the regular Waterford line and House of Waterford pieces are, but crystalline glass, which doesn't contain any lead content at all. It's also not made in ireland, but in different countries in continental Europe.

And does anyone other than me find it strange that Evine has no St Patrick's Day programming today at all? They usually have several Waterford shows scheduled.

Super Contributor

It's nice to see something other than a sweater as the St Patrick's Day TSV. We live in north-central Florida now, so I might get two or three days of use out of a sweater, but even when we lived in NJ, I never owned one -- I can't wear wool.

Super Contributor

@bigbaglady, Actually, most of the Evine pieces are lower-end. They're from the Marquis line, which isn't lead crystal, but crystalline glass, which has no lead content. The Marquis line was created in the early 1990s to expand the market to people who couldn't afford traditional Waterford. I have about half a dozen pieces in my collection (including a bowl I bought from Evine, which sits on my breakfast bar and holds York peppermint patties).

Respected Contributor

Just watching the presentation now with Dan and it's fun listening and seeing how they made this piece.  It really is beautiful and would make a wonderful gift.