Honored Contributor

wow, came across this on facebook.....if you follow THE STONEWARE STASH you can see amazing photos of a massive temptations collection that gets displayed, rotated, and used daily.  so nice to hear of others who enjoy the products, use them, and have not had issues!

this is just a part of her collection.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: temptations stash

[ Edited ]

OP - do you seriously think it is reasonable for a person to have a stash like this ? Unless she has 20 kids or runs a restaurant, this is ridiculous. And I am a TT lover! She had to put up metal warehouse shelves in her kitchen to store them! I won't even mention how dusty they would get. OOPS.

Respected Contributor

Why???

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

it isnt for me to say if it is reasonable or not......i just find it amazing! it is great that she uses all of her pieces also.

there are people that have hundreds of handbags, shoes, buy expensive cars, collect "things".......and she is a temptations collector.

those metal shelves and cubbies are not in her kitchen....... it is an extra room or a garage storage. why would it matter if they get dusty. when you are ready to use them or display them you wash them out. even when my pots and pans are in my cabinets i always rinse them out with soapy water prior to use.

i do like how she does have them displayed in her kitchen though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 So you wash all your dishes before you use them,interesting. I prefer the keep the cabinets clean so I can use everything right off the shelf method. 

Respected Contributor

Tara is one wealthy women with selling just the stash lady. Tara run to bank every week because you get a ton of air time with temptations.

Respected Contributor

Wow - it's so organized and tidy.

She does have a lot of pieces.  If she uses them all, good for her. 

Honored Contributor

love the way she's displayed them in the wall unit in her dining area. I have lots of Temptations and I have them displayed in my hutch as I like the colors mixed & matched with other pieces of pottery, etc. I've collected over the years.

My pieces are never used to cook in but serve and I have to say I love seeing them on my table!

of course, I certainly don't have that amount of them!

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@sunshine45 So you wash all your dishes before you use them,interesting. I prefer the keep the cabinets clean so I can use everything right off the shelf method. 

I cannot speak for Sunshine45 but I do wash and rinse out any pots, pans and bundt pans that have not been used for awhile.  I have huge stock pots that sit on top of a huge armiore in the kitchen that get dusty.  

Contributor

Reasonable or not, if this is how someone prefers to spend their money, that's their business.  Lots of people have an affinity for certain items and end up collecting way more than they need. If they have the money to do it, no one has the right to tell them they shouldn't.  I personally love Temp-tations. I saw this picture on Facebook too, and although I was taken aback, it made me smile that this lady loves Temp-tations so much that she does use all these pieces. She changes out for seasons and holidays.  Who cares if it gets dusty? Everything gets dusty when it sits. Just wash it and continue.

OP, I would be careful about reposting other peoples' personal photos though.  Sometimes people get funny about it when they find out their photo was posted somewhere they didn't intend by someone that wasn't them.