Honored Contributor

although I have my fair share of serving pieces I am purchasing the OW or FL "original" designs when I see a great offer or price.

I do not care for the "circus tent stripe" on the newer Fl nor do I care for the vivid OW patterns.

i sometimes wonder why Tara incorporated such a big change to the patterns when the others blended together beautifully.

JMO

Occasional Contributor

I agree!  Definitely prefer the original design.  Yes - it does look like a circus tent!

Frequent Contributor

I agree. I hate that stripe. I also hate that brown trim on the floral lace . Brown does not compliment every color, it stinks on red, hate it on  blue, etcThe only color it really does well with is spice, and fall. Please remove that brown.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

although I have my fair share of serving pieces I am purchasing the OW or FL "original" designs when I see a great offer or price.

I do not care for the "circus tent stripe" on the newer Fl nor do I care for the vivid OW patterns.

i sometimes wonder why Tara incorporated such a big change to the patterns when the others blended together beautifully.

JMO

This has me stumped as well @homedecor1.

I understand that lots of patterns, colors, and styles is what makes or breaks a line of products, and there is room for everyone's tastes.

But the newer version of Floral Lace, is to me, just a ruination of the original elegance and grace of what was Floral Lace.

I too am being careful to add to my original FL collections in blue, brown, and green, when I see really nice elegant original style pieces, because I think she may do away with it someday. 

If you go to the various facebook pages for temp-tations, many people like the new styles of FL and OW, but they definitely aren't my cup of tea.

When I look at my Floral Lace collections, I sometimes wonder what else I could ever need or want, so if she does discontinue or reduce the original line, I can only think it will benefit my bank account!

Honored Contributor

The new design in old world looks cheap. I like the original sponge design, like  Polish stoneware has.

Valued Contributor

@MUNCHIE wrote:

I agree. I hate that stripe. I also hate that brown trim on the floral lace . Brown does not compliment every color, it stinks on red, hate it on  blue, etcThe only color it really does well with is spice, and fall. Please remove that brown.

I never liked the grown trim on the FL Temp-tations either until I saw iy in person.  WOW!!  Saw a set of different size bowls in the blue(dark blue) and it was so rich looking!  Did not hardly even notice the brown trim but it accented the dark blue beautifully!  Made me think twice about changing from my OW green to FL blue!!   I do like it on the darker colers but still have warmed up to it on the lighter shades 

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the mixing bowls in floral lace and wish they would have left the top solid white instead of those ugly stripes but they are mixing bowls so no big deal.  I have to say that I LOVE the bowls don't have any of those trim colors, especially the brown.  I'm sorry but that brown trim is ugly.  As far as the paint quaility, well, the delivery box says made in china so there you have it.  On the other hand, I couldn't find a nice set of heavy mixing bowls for this price.  It was worth it.

Super Contributor

I heartily agree -- I hate the brown trim.. It's unbecoming, expecially with the blues.

My only TT items are Oceanfetti in Old World -- no brown anywhere to be seen!