New Contributor

Have any of you had any problems with your pieces cracking.  I used my 9x13 Black polka dot pan to cook stuffing for Christmas.  I cracked right in the middle all the way across the bottom.  I was so dissapointed.  I have always been very careful when using this piece. 

Now I am concerned to use the other pieces.  I purchased the big set. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, my polka dot one cracked also, just one clean break.  I loved that piece too.  Very disappointed

Trusted Contributor

@LADYQ, this has been a topic of discussion on and off for a long time.  Yes, Temptations is known to crack..  I have never had a piece crack in two, however...

Right beyfore Thanksgiving I boxed all my Temptation up and donated what still looked nice.  I was fed up with the crazing, chipping, and utter lack of non stick.  I went back to exclusively using Pyrex and haven't looked back.

Others have different experiences with Temptations, but that is mine...you aren't alone!

I purchased 2 sets of plates and 1/2 are cracked none of my bake ware has cracked but my plates bowls have cracked bad can we get help for that they cost alot can't use them for fancy dinners now. help

Respected Contributor

@gingercar contact QVC customer service . How it is handled will depend on how long it was since purchased /warranty. You will most likely have to send it back and pay postage for the new ones.
They may give you the contact for Temptations customer service. Do check  out the options given.

Respected Contributor

@LADYQ search the forums for TT cracking/breaking/etc. and you will find many experiences. You will also find a few posters infering that posters claiming this are less than truthful--go figure!

I had an 8x8 lid it break in two just setting in the cabinet. I had followed all of the instructions that came with the product. I do still use the rest of the items for baking and like it for that, so far no other problems.

IMO it seems to be the flat products more prone to this. Lid its, narrow dishes , & dinner plates??

Oh yes!  Many of my Old World pieces have terrible cracking and crazing; so bad that I'm ashamed to have guest see them.  Have talked with customer service and get nowhere.  I'm afraid to use any pieces that haven't done it (want to keep them pretty).  It seems that the problem happens only with items used in the oven.  Always use 350 temp.  This should not happen.

New Contributor
Yes I had a sunflower design crack for no reason. I think most of the popular designs look inexpensive, it is not made in the U.S.A. occasionally there is an attractive new design, but generally I think temp- station is overrated. Also with the racks it is difficult to store.
Occasional Contributor

My baking ware from Temptations has also cracked. It leaves dark, ugly lines but when I run my fingers across the crack, I don't feel the crack itself. My sister has had the same problem and won't use it and told me not to but I just love the colorful bakeware and the easy cleanup. I guess I will use until it does break in half. 

It would be great to replace certain pieces (I have a large set) but they don't have individual pieces available for sale. 

Valued Contributor

I love Temptations and have been buying for years.  Like many of you I love the colorful dishes and  bakeware.  You can have several sets and not too much invested and keep your home looking good.  The first bakeware set I purchased from Temptations crazed was a beautiful harvest set.  I still purchase but always put the baker in the oven while it is preheating. I have been doing this for over 10 years and have not had any crazing since.