Occasional Contributor

Temp-rations being phased out?

There are not many sets left and many are on clearance. So I'm wandering if this brand is no longer going to be carried by Q. Does anybody know? If so, that's a shame.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temp-rations being phased out?

Sunday when Tara was on with Mary, Tara said the clearance was making way for new.  Many people are disgusted  of their Temptation pieces crumbling, crackling and cracking and no customer service but as long as Q sells they will make it no matter how poor the quality.

Respected Contributor

Maybe the market is saturated.  I would not be surprised.   Those that want it, have it.  It's not like it wears out (unless it breaks of course).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Cheap junk IMO, wish they would bring back Polish Stoneware in a big way.

Occasional Contributor

I've been very satisfied with my sets over the years. Sorry this has not been everyone's experience. Any idea when the "new" will begin arriving?
Esteemed Contributor

Just got rid of all my Temptations....using my vintage Pyrex..

Esteemed Contributor

@aunt she me, too. I agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

It's JUNK & I'll be glad if it never comes back .... nothing but problems with cracking in the oven & breaking in half!!! There  are other reliable products on the market that are so superior & don't look like dollar store junk!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I bought the mixing bowls and an utensil holder.  I am in love with them.  I hope to see smaller serving dishes with handles and kitchen/dining decor introduced.  I am one of those people who doesn't want to pay $100 for a bowl and is not a fan of the Pioneer Woman style.  There really aren't a lot of choices on the market towards the cheap end for items.  The only negative I have about Temp-tations is the brown borders.  I wish the items were all the same color with white trim like the 5 piece mixing bowls.  It makes them easier to mix and match with other items. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you. I have some pieces that are cracked and even stained in a very strange way. First I thought I could rub the stain off, but it is now clear to me that it is discolored and inside the ceramic. I take great care of my pieces, always have, but noticing lately that they are not as strong and durable as they claim.