Occasional Visitor

I have collected over Temptations over the years, but think i am done buying them!  I have loved them gently, and always hand wash, 20161019_064344.jpgbut get so disappointed when dispite TLC, they end up looking 50 years old and something embarrassing to use on my table!   It's almost like they are disposable... and not cheap disposables, either. They may be cheaper than 'other' brands, but not worth it if they look as ugly as the pans Tara shows that these are supposed replace. 

Respected Contributor

Agree. You can sometimes see chips on pieces being shown on air, too. My complaint, besides low.-quality painted designs, is that the designs themselves are retro, but not in a good way. The temptations pieces, by and large, look like dated garage sale finds. I have received a few as gifts, and they immediately went into my goodwill donations box.

Regular Contributor

I feel your pain. I've ended up giving away nearly all of my Temp-tations on Freecycle. I only have 6 pieces left that have held up really well but I used to have cupboards full of them.

I'll never purchase another piece of her stuff.

I'm happy for those that like them but I'm just not one of them.

Trusted Contributor

I to got caught up in the frenzy a few years ago. I have many pieces I thought I would use but never did. I don't know what to do with them, they are not cheep. I have actually seen them for sale on our local online classifieds, same pieces over and over again. I guess they are not selling. I just need to bit the bullet and take them to the thrift store .

Respected Contributor

I have one of the original sets of Temptations and have had no problem.  As time went on, I believe they have been made very cheaply and thus, people complaining a lot about breakage as they take them out of the oven.  I'm glad I got in early but would not buy Temptations anymore as they are not made as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal I bought a set the first time they were presented on QVC and have never had any problems with mine, however, mine are all years old, the only new pieces I have purchased have been seasonal pieces that are only used once or twice year, sad to hear that the quality is no longer there!

Super Contributor

I have one of the original Old World sets. Sadly, I did not realize you MUST use the wire basket trivets as the the pieces are roughly finished (read: unfinished) on the bottom and my thick glass tabletop was immediately and permanently scratched. I was so upset. I felt the bottom edges of all pieces and they are rough. Never bought anymore. FYI, there is a LOT of inventory at the outlet store for those who want Temptations.

Respected Contributor

I had surprisingly good luck with mine, but will most likely not purchase more or replace these when they break.  Last year upon taking out my Poinsettia baker from the cabinet for Christmas it had developed a crack.  I don't think I ever even baked in it as I had only gotten it the year before.  Then this week, I saw that one of my OW bakers had developed about three lines on the bottom, one of which I can see on the inside so I am sure it will break if I try to cook in it again.  I used to defend this line and really do like it a lot but I don't think the quality is there.