Honored Contributor

I posted that back during Christmas, I had to throw out a Poinsettia piece that crazed just sitting in storage all year.

Well, got out my blue Floral Lace that I use during the summer months and had to throw away three different bakers from the same set. All had crazed while sitting on shelving in the basement since last August.

The basement is dry, and never gets to freezing. Pieces were stored on shelving units and not in anything that would hold in moisture.

Wish this would stop. I have so many pieces that none of them get truly heavy use. This just shouldn't be happening at this rate. 

This particular set was probably over three years old.

Respected Contributor

Have you ever noticed how light in weight TT is?  Like made out of chalk.

Trusted Contributor

Yup, same problem here.  I'm just thankful that I bought the pieces that I have were purchased from the outlet centers.

I have a serving for four of the dinnerware.  I haven't used it much at all.  I bought it because I thought it would be fun to use occasionally.  It is sitting in my kitchen cabinet.  Every time I reach for a piece, another one has crazing.  Glad I only paid $15 for the set.  But, I won't buy anymore.

I also have a few holiday pieces that I mainly use for serving.  I'd be afraid to use any of this stuff in the oven.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

It just doesn't seem right that Tara is allowed to continue making and selling this junk that falls apart in peoples' cupboards and ovens.  We've heard so many horror stories.  I think the worst was the woman who was removing her Christmas rib roast from the oven when the bottom fell out of the pan.  I would have been livid.  Thankfully I don't own any of it.  So sorry for those who do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

Have you ever noticed how light in weight TT is?  Like made out of chalk.

Yes, some of it indeed is! The pieces I've had problems with were almost hollow feeling, and chalk is a good description.

Then others are very thick, dense feeling, and heavy.

Inconsistency is the biggest problem in this line. If she can get a manufacturer to make some if it well, it all can be. But for some reason, they just keep going back and forth. 

The quality in the materials and workmanship of this product line vary with each piece/set that comes out. I'm getting so I can tell by the on air presentation, how it sounds when the lid goes on, just how substantial it will (or won't) be.

@KarenQVC

Esteemed Contributor

I threw mine out in the garbage years ago .... lost quit a bit of money but, with the lead paint scare & the crazing & breaking in the oven issues I decided to throw it all out! .... the saying " you get what you pay for" is so true when it comes to Temp-tations!!!! 

I can't understand why people are still buying this line?

Super Contributor

Sadly, I learned my lesson years ago when I gave a baker to a friend as a birthday gift...the first time she used it, it broke in half in the oven! Talk about being embarrassed!  That was the first and last piece of this stuff I ever purchased.  

I just don't understand why QVC keeps selling it when there have been so many bad reviews.  Shame on them!