Honored Contributor

the godfather trilogy today on amc

it is nice warm spring day here today, but i am stuck inside doing laundry, general cleaning, and bill paying. luckily, i found that AMC is having the godfather trilogy on all day. it is good way to distract yourself while doing housework! Smiley Wink

one of my all time favorite movies.

Clemenza says: "Leave the guntake the cannoli."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: the godfather trilogy today on amc

I am already on my 2nd bowl of popcorn & I haven't even ordered my dinner yet!

I had planned on 2 bowls for each GF chapter = 6.  At the rate I am going, I will be overdosing on popcorn w/extra butter & salt.  Washing it all down w/margaritas.

Don Vito Corleone to Sonny:  "What's wrong w/you?  Never let anyone outside of the family know what you are thinking."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Tobes  Italian Mother...."Smile all the time and no one will ever know what you are thinking."

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

another hour or two and i will have some type of libation myself.

i have been having a fiji water right now with some mini twist pretzels that i am spreading some port wine cheese on. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Don Corleone~~  "Make me an offer I can't refuse".

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Although I'm watching the NASCAR race and NCAA basketball today, "The Godfather" movies are a great way to spend a leisurely Saturday.

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1

@roxxy1 wrote:

Don Corleone~~  "I'm gonna make me him an offer I he can't refuse".

Smiley Happy

*slight correction*

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I just caught my favorite part, when they settle the family scores during the christening. I'm not blood thirsty, but I loved it when that worm  Carlo got his.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I know I have to watch it every time....truly a classic entertaining movie.  I love all the actors/actresses in it they each played their parts well.

The scene with young Vito (Robert Deniro) and the landlord trying to evict the elderly lady with her dog is priceless.  Robert Deniro is just too cool for words.

Honored Contributor

I love I and II.  Al Pacino was never better.

III for the most part is a dud.  I do like Andy Garcia, but the plot is just so convoluted.

I love the opera Cavallerie Rusticana.  Intermezzo (the song playing at the end of movie) is one of the most beautiful ever written.