Honored Contributor

"THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT" JEAN SIMMONS, ANTHONY FRANCIOSA FRIDAY 12:15 A.M.EASTERN TCM

Quarter past midnight, Friday wee hours--   "This Could Be the Night".  Jean Simmons, Anthony Franciosa, Paul Douglas, Joan Blondell, Julie Wilson, Neile Adams

image-w1280.jpg

A VERY entertaining little romantic sleeper, gang, well worth staying up over Thursday-Friday, or recording.

Robert Wise directed this story of school teacher Jean Simmons, who gets a part-time job as a secretary in a nightclub run by two partners-- nice guy Paul Douglas, and good-looking Lothario, Tony Franciosa.

Simmons is a very clever girl, and although a sedate character herself, she is well-accepted and even loved by all the slightly "louche" night club characters.  Douglas wants to protect her, and Franciosa wants to heartlessly romance her.  The surprising chemistry between Simmons and Franciosa starts as a slow burn that quickly accelerates...

Honored Contributor

Re: "THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT" JEAN SIMMONS, ANTHONY FRANCIOSA FRIDAY 12:15 A.M.EASTERN TCM

Never heard of this one and Simmons is one of my favorites.  Will record.  Thanks @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

Re: "THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT" JEAN SIMMONS, ANTHONY FRANCIOSA FRIDAY 12:15 A.M.EASTERN TCM

Oh, good, @kaydee50..  Hope others will as well.  It's aired rather infrequently, and it's a real, undiscovered gem.  Well- written, quirky.  Jean Simmons and Anthony Franciosa are a 'sizzling' surprise together!

Honored Contributor

Just watched my tape of this, and it was even better than I remembered.  Fun note I forgot to mention--  "Patsy" I think her name was, the kooky daughter of Joan Blondell who wants to become a cook, did anybody recognize her?  It's  Neile Adams, the ex-Mrs. Steve McQueen, before he married Ali MacGraw....  she was very cute in this.