Esteemed Contributor

Re: "THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW" JOAN RIVERS SUNDAY 9:30 P.M. EASTERN METV

@Oznell - Just watched and thought Joan was funny. Loved Topo Gigio!  I remember watching Ed Sullivan every Sunday with my family.  Wayne and Schuster is another blast from the past!

@Pearlee - I saw the Beatles last week too!!!  I felt like I was twelve again!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, that's now ringing a faint bell--  yes I'm sure I would!

Edited to add--  I meant, "Meeting of the Minds" is ringing a faint bell, @just bee .  I get so used to talking in shorthand on here, instead of being precise...

Trusted Contributor

I missed tonight’s show but set it up to record next week and further on out. Next week we’ve got Harlem Globetrotters, The Supremes, Gary Lewis and the Playboys. Really looking forward to it! 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, that's now ringing a faint bell--  yes I'm sure I would!

Edited to add--  I meant, "Meeting of the Minds" is ringing a faint bell, @just bee .  I get so used to talking in shorthand on here, instead of being precise...

@Oznell 

Not to worry -- I knew what you were saying.

Kinda like a meeting of minds... Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@twinsister,  Ed brought on such a huge variety of acts, his shows are wonderful.  Even that odd, non-polished awkwardness of his, is part of the charm.  I only caught part of it tonight, missed Topo Gigio.  I wonder if he talked to Ed tonight, I remember he used to say "Oh,  Edddd-ie" in that cute little mouse-like way...

Oh that does sound like a good lineup for next week, @Teddie , thanks for alert -- "The Supremes" are a must-see.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Topo talked to Ed tonight and asked him to kiss him goodnight!   

Honored Contributor

I agee about Meeting the Minds, excellent show !!!!!!  Steve Allen had so many hilarious skits on his show and he used the audience and had a camera outside the studio checking out the people and their activities.  I think some of the night show hosts after Steve copied a few of his funny ideas.

I can't imagine Joan Rivers doing her night club acts on the Sullivan show, that came after!!!!

Respected Contributor

I caught the tail end of this show tonight, saw The Mamas and the Papas - Cass Elliott sure could sing - always one of my favorite female singers - she made that band what it was.   imo

Saw ballerina Patricia McBride, missed out on all the others but will definitely watch next week.

Anyone catch Carol Burnett right after?  Guest was Tim Conway and they did the paint the living room skit.  omg  SO funny, the two of them.  The skit w/Harvey Korman was also hilarious - she had very good backup characters with her.  And I love seeing those fashions she wore.  She was a great comedienne.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OznellI remember watching Tom Jones on Ed Sullivan.  I remember Diana Ross & The Supremes on Ed Sullivan.  Boy, just bringing up "The Ed Sullivan Show" brought back so many memories for me. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN  The Mamas &Papas did 3 numbers in tonight's show--- what a treat that was!  Michelle Phillips looked so young!

@twinsister  Glad you saw the Beatles too last week. When I was looking at the MeTV seduce to see which Columbo was on last week I saw The Beatles would be on ES following Columbo and got so excited! I too felt like I was 12 yrs old again watching them on ES. I don't like the chopped up shows though, showing snippets of segments from different shows. Ed Sullivan always said The Beatles so nerdy. I even thought that when I was  12 years old.  "The

BEAT-uls."  My family watched his show every Sunday night also.  I liked seeing Joan R. from back then when her face still moved.